A simple question ...

wibbel

Hi,

I've scanned the forum for the answer to no avail, but I have the simplest of basic queries.

Clearly to receive cable broadcasts from VM I need cable, a box and a line etc.

But what defines an ACTIVE cable connection? I currently have VM basic tv and broadband/phone etc but want to cancel the subscription to all of them. (I already have Sly + bt broadband etc as well)

so I currently have an active cable into the house, but if I CANCEL my VM subscriptions COMPLETELY, will I still be able to get TV with the right kit, OR do I need to keep some service going with them e.g. broadband to kep the line switched on?

Thanks for any help and sorry for the stupid question!

If you want cable then you need an active cable line in.[ a paid line]
Why not get rid of the Sky broadband and use the cable broadband---you can watch cable and add satellite using a combo receiver or 1 cable receiver and a sat box just using the cable broadband + hub + dish. Now you get the best of both worlds.
Reaper.

I'm probably tempting fate by saying this, but I ceased my VM services in Sept 2010 & still have a live feed.

There's no guarantee how long it will last of course. I believe that they will only physically cut you off if they need to access the green cabinet to connect another user, or to service the cabinet.

To guarantee that you stay connected you will need to subscribe to one of their services.

Is there anyway to check if the line is still active before buying a box? Been away from vm for about 2 years

As far as I'm aware, pretty much all connections will be live after cancellation. My mate who works for VM tells me Vm used to employ a team of people who went around switching people off only to be told to reconnect the next week or so. I'm told it was costing too much money, again like the poster above Ive had a live feed for 8 years now.
Hope this helps!

Back