A Teenager Did This

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's hard to believe that this was done by a teenager!

There is a huge rock near a gravel pit on Hwy.25 in rural Iowa. For generations, kids have painted slogans, names, and obscenities on this rock, changing its character many times. A few months back, the rock received its latest paint job, and since then it has been left completely undisturbed.

It's quite an impressive sight. Be sure to scroll down and check out the multiple photos. all angles of the rock.

I thought the flag was draped over the rock, but it's not. It's actually painted on the rock too.

23638590.jpg

48330662.jpg

51694079.jpg

19024003.jpg

95210045.jpg

81758401.jpg

25885826.jpg

Meet the artist:

Ray 'Bubba' Sorensen.

65646950.jpg

Excellent Work, RAY ... (y)

absolutely outstanding work..love the pic's G...(y)
For a minute i thought flag was a throw over aswel, pure genuis work..(y)

wow...he deserves respect for his art...nice one

any link to this please...i know people who would like to see this

WOW Fantastic work. Just shows than not All teenagers are out their to ruin everything. It must have taken up a heck of a lot of his time! He deserves repect for it!

Yes like the rest of you i to thought it was a flag drapped over the top - what a fantastic artist if he cna make you think that when you see the photo!

that is some outstanding work, i was just thinking is the flag draped over the rock. but on the other hand an excellent job by that young man :)

very impressive must have taken him some time to finish (y) dont know about the george bush quote "peace and freedom will prevail" :dunno:

i doubt george bush knows what peace and freedom means

In no way do I want to take away from the awesome original post of this thread nor do I want to begin a political debate, although I don't see how you could have an educated political debate with someone about the leader of country of which they are not a citizen of nor do they have any knowledge of, aside from what they have seen the media portray. On what ground hill16 would you make those assumptions? Have you taken the time to verse yourself on entire political career of the former President? Perhaps you have read his book? No? Everyone is entitled to their opinions mate, that is what makes the world go around and even what makes this a great forum, but don't come into a thread that is not even meant to be about President Bush and make unfounded accusations and expect to go unchecked. If you have some real evidence to back this up then I am eager to hear it and if convinced I will most humbly apologise. I do, however, apologise in advance to the staff for this off topic entry.

i already said that i thought it was a great piece of art, i commented on the george bush quote because i felt it warranted it ,
did i read his book ? no
would i buy it ? no
of course i dont know bush personally nor am i a citizen of the USA but am i not allowed an opinion on your former president ??
you talk about unfounded accusations well i suggest that alot of people obviously more educated than ME say that bush was not always working in the best interest of the majority of the people of his country
personally i think george bush will be remembered for starting an illegal war on Iraq than trying to fight terrorism

Back