ABe2 and ABM Together

siilver

TK Veteran
i dont know thees bits of software in and out

but im running ABe2 all the time, i like it as it has numbers next to the name, but what i dont like is you cant hide bouquets, i can only hide adult or other.

and with ABM i dont have channel numbers but you cant hide bouquets

so i need a bit of both worlds to make it the way i want it

so at the moment i have both installed
ABe2 is set to autoupdate everyday
ABM is not set to update at all but has some bouquets set to be hidden

ABE2_ABM.jpg

im hoping it will work out
if anyone wants the same setup i can share, but im still seeing if it works
it may not

[STRIKE]In AB E2, set Make all default bouquets to no

Then from the TV button, highlight the bouquet you want to remove (hide) and then press the menu button, select delete. The bouquet will not show up again even after a restart and re-scan.

If you then press the TV button and Menu button again you will notice "restore deleted userbouquets" or purge.

Purge will remove them for good, while restore will bring back any you have "deleted" / hidden. No need to ABM[/STRIKE]

Don't do the above, it really screws with your channel numbers when using the keypad.

Last edited:
[STRIKE]Not that I can see. I have just removed the News bouquet.

At the end of the day each bouquet is nothing more than a file. The box doesn't care what you have and don't have.

Delete the ones you want and test them.[/STRIKE]

Last edited:
If your not bothered about channel swap have a look here to add channel numbers on epg with AutoBouquetsMaker http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...pg-channel-numbers-slyk-skin-version-4-a.html using the custom.xml that will give you channel numbers on epg but you need channel swap to no and you will need to use srp picons

---------- Post Merged at 05:51 PM ----------

I just wish I could get it working with my custommix.xml to swap cable and sat channels but it won't work with both services

Right I tried wooshs one here

I have removed all but enter, movies , music, sport, news, docs, relig, kids, shopping

if I type in 101 I get 170
301 goes to 401
401 goes to 501
501 goes to 601

but I go in to EPG and everything is there in its right place, I can select the channel I want and moved about I just can't type the number in

any idea

It seems because abe2 is deleting the bouquets rather than hiding them and it's causing conflicts with the channel numbers. Abe2 just adds channel numbers on epg it doesn't determine what the channel numbers are

---------- Post Merged at 06:43 PM ----------

What you could do is have a look through the abe2 folders and see if you can delete the bouquets you don't want that might work

Ah it will give me something to play with until I break something else on it

Who else spends less time watching it than messing about with it lol

Me I spend less time watching tv more messing around with the box. I'm on my way to work but I've downloaded the files from github have a look at the custom sort txt files

Well after editing my first two post to DONT DO THIS

I had to delete my bouquets in etc/enigma2 and rescan to get the channel numbers back. I thought I would edit my posts so others don't try. At least you two buggers can break and fix like me :-)

So it just wasn't me then
i was thinking if you keep the 28.2 bouquet, the first one. Would that work?
as it has bbc and all filling that gap, that might balance it out.

but this is how you learn, you break it and you learn to fix it

I only know cos the misses changed to 115 for local news and Alibi came up... I got told about it lol.

I had the Main bouquet (All Channels) and it still broke.

Il just leave it the way I started the thread with both works pretty good.
il leave it for a few days and see how it goes

just need to work out how to get the ABM plug moved to my sd card
i can move extensions to my sd, but not the ones in system plugins

I always delete the SBO and credits bouquet and have never had any problems with channel numbers changing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always delete the SBO and credits bouquet and have never had any problems with channel numbers changing.

I tend to delete the credit bouquet but because they don't have channel numbers I doubt this has any effect. Delete the religious bouquet though and watch your channel number go tits when using the numbers on the keypad.

i cant see it happening as both have their own way of doing things ,bit like the 2 choices of epg,things will always get moved only to start again.

ps i still dont like mixing diesel and petrol lol

I tend to delete the credit bouquet but because they don't have channel numbers I doubt this has any effect. Delete the religious bouquet though and watch your channel number go tits when using the numbers on the keypad.
Don't mess with God!

i cant see it happening as both have their own way of doing things ,bit like the 2 choices of epg,things will always get moved only to start again.

ps i still dont like mixing diesel and petrol lol

but i have ABM turned off
its just siting there, its never going to update or reorder again.
but as said im only testing it out so it may go all wrong

but thats the fun in it

Back