Access Denied at password using putty

Never used putty before so i installed it. Loaded it up entered the boxes ip address and port 22, to start an ssh session, asked me to login tried root, tried the boxes id as well with root it asks me for a password i thought you didnt need one when logged in as root? Anyway i get access denied no matter what i do . Ive also unticked some authentication check that didnt work either.

check that you've typed the box ip address in correctly, 192.168.0.12 will log in easily 192.168,0.12 will never log in

i installed the image no password on it and ive typed in the ip address exactly correct. Ive managed to install iptv through my network to the box i copied and pasted the e2mu3u bouquet plugin to the box then edited the config.xml file so its no issue.

i did tick telnet and tried filezilla said couldnt connect to server so im guessing its my laptop.but the box is visible on my network and i could access it so i managed to install the sub and necessary plugins . Ill be formatting the laptop as it needs doing thanks for all you advice.

Back