Acer aspire v3-571g NEW battery drain

Grumpydubs

Hi, we have a 4 year old Acer laptop, the old battery started playing up, it would go from 100% to 0% within 10 minutes when unplugged.

I bought a new battery off Amazon and fully charged it over night, I have used the laptop for around 20 minutes, the battery was at 88% then within a minute I got a notification saying battery at 5% then 10 secs later 0%.

Could this be the laptop messing about?

Hi, we have a 4 year old Acer laptop, the old battery started playing up, it would go from 100% to 0% within 10 minutes when unplugged.

I bought a new battery off Amazon and fully charged it over night, I have used the laptop for around 20 minutes, the battery was at 88% then within a minute I got a notification saying battery at 5% then 10 secs later 0%.

Could this be the laptop messing about?

any new battery will need calibrated pal, charge it too 100% then switch charger off and let the battery drain all the way down till the laptop shuts down, then plug charger in again and charge to 100% and remove charger and discharge battery until laptop shuts down again, repeat this up to 3 times and that should calibrate the battery, you should then notice a considerable difference in battery life, if not the battery could be faulty.

hope this helps y'all.

My experience of non original batteries ain't great, the difference in in price looks attractive but it's totally hit and miss wether you get a good one or not.

the peice of poop wont even charge past 63% now and constantly beeps, i have messaged the seller for a refund.

also i have tried looking for an acer battery but i am having no joy!

Back