Adding 2 lines

mucky111

Can anyone direct me to where I can get help on adding two lines to my box. Running openvix. Cheers in advance guys

Mate I gave it a try with the guide you sent but I'm not connected to the backup line. Anything you suggest where I may have gone wrong?

Best way is to install from a USB as saves username and password spelling mistakes etc.
Your line supplier should be able to supply a usb file to help you.
Make sure that each line is on a different server or server port - I prefer separate servers as occasionally a server has a power cut, especially ones in other countries.
A Real Line supplier who runs his own servers will be able to supply more than 1 server lines to You.

Put both files into notepad and save as one file and then add the file to your box as if it was one line and both lines should become active

Best way is to install from a USB as saves username and password spelling mistakes etc.
Make sure that each line is on a different server or server port - I prefer separate servers as occasionally a server has a power cut, especially ones in other countries.
A Real Line supplier who runs his own servers will be able to supply more than 1 server lines to You.
A real GOOD server (with locals)has no reason to supply 2 lines.backup line lol.Read between the lines.

A real GOOD server (with locals)has no reason to supply 2 lines.backup line lol.Read between the lines.

Sorry but I disagree with this BobLess as there are a number of beifits to Dual and Triple lines outside of Server Stability, but I guess that's a debate for another post.

Sorry for hijacking. couldnt find the relevant. thread. total noob here. ive just bought a vu+ solo se v2. cable tuner. im reading up on how to set it up b4 it arrives. I cant get my head around filezilla. all the tutorials im finding are saying go to filezilla and do X Y & Z. do i install filezilla onto the vu+? or do i install it on laptop?. i tried installing it on laptop and keep getting 'failed to connect to server'. any advice would be appreciated.

You install filezila on your PC then use it to remote connect to your box via the boxes IP address which your router will assign it, once that's done you can access the box via your PC to upload your line file

got the box up and running. pretty happy with it. im on openvix. epg is ok. hd quality channels are great. a new toy.

Hi

can you have 2 lines in newcamd.list to work with mgcamd? Why I ask is if 1 of them went down or was weak the live/stronger 1 would automatically kick in?

Sorry hope this makes sense

thanks

Hi

can you have 2 lines in newcamd.list to work with mgcamd? Why I ask is if 1 of them went down or was weak the live/stronger 1 would automatically kick in?

Sorry hope this makes sense

thanks
Yes you can,put one line in newcamd and one line in cccam and if one line goes down just switch cams on the box and that way you dont get any conflict between lines

Back