Adding Downloader to my PC

Downloader shortens the URL using a code as on a Firestick it can be time consuming typing out a long URL. You don’t really need downloader on a PC, so as mentioned you just add AFTVnews URL Shortener | Codes for Downloader on Amazon Fire TV and Google Android TV before your code in the address bar, and you’re good
To go! 👍

Best emulator for Android on Windows is the built in one. It's call Android subsystem for Windows and I believe it's on the windows store, or they might have removed it as they said they'll no longer support it. You can get around this by using a few powershell commands if that is the case. You're limited to the Amazon app store unless you use a toolkit to get around it.

Thanks.
Just wondering what powershell commands should I type please.
I installed it a couple weeks ago using powershell. Let me look into it more and I'll get back to you whether it's still working or not, since they said they're eventually going to remove it.

The app which I can't mention wouldn't download to my device so I was advised to try and download downloader to my PC, put in the code and if the app successfully downloaded that I could send it to a memory stick which then would be inserted to my Android box and that I could then install the app from there.

The app which I can't mention wouldn't download to my device so I was advised to try and download downloader to my PC, put in the code and if the app successfully downloaded that I could send it to a memory stick which then would be inserted to my Android box and that I could then install the app from there.
So you can go to your website and in the address bar type https:// go.aftvnews.com/ENTERCODEHERE. (Remove the space)

That will download your apk file for you. Then once you have done that you can install the Microsoft Android Emulator, and run that APK

Just install LD Player on a laptop/pc its the best android emulator available. Make sure you have plenty of spare memory available as any emulator is data hungry.

So you can go to your website and in the address bar type https:// go.aftvnews.com/ENTERCODEHERE. (Remove the space)

That will download your apk file for you. Then once you have done that you can install the Microsoft Android Emulator, and run that APK
The OP wants the APK on his pc so he can transfer it to his android device using a usb stick because when he tries to install the app using downloader on his Android device he gets a parsing error.
I have a feeling he may get the same result but worth a punt.

To use windows native Android emulator, In PowerShell paste:
winget install --id=9P3395VX91NR -e --accept-package-agreements

Then open up the newly installed Windows Subsystem for Android application (green icon) and go to advanced settings and turn on developer mode. Then install this from the windows store: WSA Sideloader - Official app in the Microsoft Store

Then go to apkmirror or apkpure and get the downloader apk file.

Use the sideloader app that you got from the windows store to install Downloader and you should be good.

Alternatively the reason why you might be getting a parsing error is because you're trying to install a 64 bit (Arm v8) apk on a 32 bit (Arm v7) device.

Last edited:
The OP wants the APK on his pc so he can transfer it to his android device using a usb stick because when he tries to install the app using downloader on his Android device he gets a parsing error.
Yes I read the post. He was also interested in emulators based on other messages further conversation.

As mentioned in my post above, using that link will allow you to download it to your PC, if you choose to run it on your PC then you will need an emulator of sorts, if not then transfer to a USB stick a suggested.

He will still get parsing error installing via a usb the app is not compatible with the device.

Back