Adding ROI sports on Vix

cheds

Hi
This is the way i have added the ROI Sports until a proper fix is released

Menu ,Setup ,Service Searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, Hide Sections ,tick all ROI channels near the bottom except sports ,press green to save
Providers ,Sky ROI Custom should be yes, Sky ROI generate sections bouquets change to yes ,click green, exit, start scan in ABM
Exit
Menu, setup, System ,EPG ,CrossEPG , Download Now
Restart
The new ROI Sports should be near the bottom of the bouquet after FTA Channels

hope this helps

you can do it this way and have all the roi sports channels in one bouquet

Downliad and unzip this https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxe16ty02110wsl/CustomMix.zip?dl=0 and ftp the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

now on box menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, providers choose roi no then sky uk your area custom
green to save then start scan you should now have all the roi sports channels from 495 to 499 these Should also give you roi at the end Of The Channel names

Last edited:
Use the second option without channel numbers

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

---------- Post Merged at 12:47 AM ----------

Ive removed the other version as that needs an updated abm for it to work

Hi
thanks for the reply ive done the second option and that seems to work ,is there anyway they can be called ROI skysports ?

No not via inserts you can using the providers file but that will be over writeren when using the config updater

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I managed to get it to work via inserts and have it rename them with ROI on the end all within the customMix.xml file [emoji2]

86610e9dc62f876ef9e7cd4fa0f717ed.jpg

And it can be downloaded from here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzx37wx4wsxvy29/sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml?dl=0

I managed to get it to work via inserts and have it rename them with ROI on the end all within the customMix.xml file [emoji2]

86610e9dc62f876ef9e7cd4fa0f717ed.jpg

And it can be downloaded from here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzx37wx4wsxvy29/sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml?dl=0
Excellent work gmanpanthro.

Is it a simple change to the XML file to remove ROI SS1 thru SS4 ? And get ROI SS5 up next to UK SS5 ?

My other stupid question is ... this file only needs to be changed when ABM changes existing channels around right?

Yeah if the channels happen to change position in the epg in the ROI like they did few weeks back when the ssnews was put at the end of the pack instead of the beginning.

If you want the others gone and only ss5 to be moved, then in the inserts section delete all the ones for ss1-4 and in the ss5 insert, change the 445 to 408. Then in the hacks section the part right at the botton where it says in range(441.446) youll need to change that to say in range(408,409) and that should fix that right up for u.

Yeah if the channels happen to change position in the epg in the ROI like they did few weeks back when the ssnews was put at the end of the pack instead of the beginning.

If you want the others gone and only ss5 to be moved, then in the inserts section delete all the ones for ss1-4 and in the ss5 insert, change the 445 to 408. Then in the hacks section the part right at the botton where it says in range(441.446) youll need to change that to say in range(408,409) and that should fix that right up for u.

Thanks will give that a try.

So it only needs changing if Sky ROI Sports channels change. It doesn't matter if Sky UK channels change ?

Yes as its only pulling the roi ones and merging them into the uk bouquets. If the uk channels happen to then put a channel into your choice of channel position, then ull need to change to 408 part in the custom file to a new spare channel in the uk section.

Yes as its only pulling the roi ones and merging them into the uk bouquets. If the uk channels happen to then put a channel into your choice of channel position, then ull need to change to 408 part in the custom file to a new spare channel in the uk section.

Go it.

It may just be my box, but the hacks bit below the inserts section causes ABM to crash - with some like 'name providers is not defined' on line 5 [ after several lines of can't find custom ... file ]. If I just have the <inserts> section then it is all fine except, obviously, doesn't have the 'ROI' on the end of the channel name.

It might be what dsayers was talking about above and you need to have extra files for it to work on vix as im on atv and works fine.

hi there!
sort of hijacking this thread but, i have done as explained and have skysports 1-5 on 441-445, but i dont have eirsports channels on my zgemma 2s vix image, anymore!! im sure i had them last month, but they gone now!!
is this correct?? if not how do i get them back please?
thanks

Back