adding usb tuners cable/sat

dsayers2014

VIP Member
Hi I've been talking to someone that has the h1 but now he wants a twin cable box so I suggested trying a usb cable tuner giving him 2 cable 1 sat but he seems reluctant. so I was thinking of trying it myself but I don't have cable in my area so I was thinking of getting a sat tuner with a usb power hub has anyone tried this even on other boxes if so what tuners would you recommend.

one thing might hold you back is the drivers that are on older images might not be compatible,i used a dvb/c sky usb tuner on my solo but it failed to pull in all channels and crashed the box.
if he wants twin cable tuner box xtrend 8000?

That's what I was thinking about the drivers being compatible is there a way to find out what drivers are on box he's already looking at different boxes I'm just curious weather it would work

they are not on the box as you download them from download plugins home of vix=oh box clone warning ??original boxes can download with no issues but zgemma is not vix supported so one might be stuck.if people want the real deal you pay for it and go cheap may not support it.
on the other hand other firmware providers openatv etc which support these boxers will have updated support.

There is drivers download in plugins but I thought they were for wifi adapters I might have a look at them. I know that there not supported by vix but if people already have the box and there's a way to add tuners it would be good to know. It's not for me anyway but when I have a idea in my head I can't leave it alone I like to experiment.

I have tried adding usb tuner (opti-combo) wouldn't work with the Zgemma as it's not an "official" box. It's works on my gigablue quad plus tho (official box) it's not worth the bother the tuner is rubbish and slow. So in the end I brought a pnp tuner for the spare slot and it worked perfectly. Long story short - lots of hassle and expense and it doesn't work

Back