Additional Spinner (for timeshift/movie playback)

Hi, All.

Apologies in advance if posted in the wrong section

I'll try to explain what I want to achieve as simply as possible; turning here for help now as I have tried various things and had no such luck as of yet

Basically, the spinner that shows top left of the screen when the box is busy doing something, I really want to try and add an additional spinner to show when in timeshift (play, re-wind, fast-forward; and also when playing a recorded programme

I know that it must be possible, because on the screen 'Softcam Manager', when the green button is pressed to start the cam, the spinner shows in that screen as an additional spinner, not linked to the same one that shows when the box is busy loading

So I basically want to find the relevant code, and add in any code needed so that if i pause the tv, then press play; the spinner shows up to the left of the infobar; the only trouble is; I am having difficulty finding which bit of code I need to take from the 'SoftcamManager.py' file , then where to copy it to (like timers.xml , main-templates.xml , infobar.xml, movies.xml - but i don;t know which one this would need adding to) then if there needs to be any additional code written to make it work

I realise it could possibly be a task for the advanced enigma2 user; and could take some time to make possible, is there anybody on here that has the slightest clue as to how this could be made possible?

At the moment, I am using Kiddac's slyk-1-hd v5 skin, the spinner for this skin is this :

ouput.png

and this moves/spins round when the box is loading;

and when starting softcam, another spinner loads inside that screen : (which is also a moving/spinning graphic)

1_0_19_A2C_1A_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0.jpg

In the following screen, when play is pressed the graphic appears with the skin I am using, but it doesn't spin like the others do; and what I want to do is make the graphic spin/move (just like the other screens do) clockwise when i press play, clockwise when fast-forward is pressed, and counter-clockwise when re-wind is pressed; so if there is some code that can be taken from the SoftcamManager.pyo file and added to the relevant file to make this appear and work when in timeshift or playing a recording; I'd really like some help with it please; then once it's been found and can show up it would just be a case of re-sizing and re-positioning to overlay where the static spinner graphic shows on the screen below

1_0_19_A2C_1A_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg

Any help greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance

EDIT : i've uploaded the default 'SoftcamManager.py' for anyone wanting to look at the code, and find which bit needed :)

Attachments

• SoftcamManager.py.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
It seems to have something to do with this :

Code:
class VIXStartCam(Screen):
    def __init__(self, session, selectedcam):
        Screen.__init__(self, session)
        Screen.setTitle(self, _("Softcam Starting..."))
        self['connect'] = MultiPixmap()
        self['lab1'] = Label(_("Please wait while starting\n") + selectedcam + '...')
        global startselectedcam
        startselectedcam = selectedcam
        self.Console = Console()
        self.activityTimer = eTimer()
        self.activityTimer.timeout.get().append(self.updatepix)
        self.onShow.append(self.startShow)
        self.onClose.append(self.delTimer)

Specifically the function MultiPixMap()

enigma2: Components.Pixmap.MultiPixmap Class Reference

TitleStyle

Last edited:
getting lost reading all that,would people want to see a spinning icon on screen all the time.i remember on old slow boxes like the vu solo had the vix spinning in top left to show under stress,newer images and skins have changed what i look at now on newer boxes.
why does one want to stop or start your cams? i do like people messing with boxes as interesting things could happen.:butkiss::whistling:

It seems to have something to do with this :

Code:
class VIXStartCam(Screen):
    def __init__(self, session, selectedcam):
        Screen.__init__(self, session)
        Screen.setTitle(self, _("Softcam Starting..."))
        self['lab1'] = Label(_("Please wait while starting\n") + selectedcam + '...')
        global startselectedcam
        startselectedcam = selectedcam
        self.Console = Console()
        self.activityTimer = eTimer()
        self.activityTimer.timeout.get().append(self.updatepix)
        self.onShow.append(self.startShow)
        self.onClose.append(self.delTimer)

Specifically the function MultiPixMap()

enigma2: Components.Pixmap.MultiPixmap Class Reference

TitleStyle

yeah i make you right danmed, any ideas how this could possibly be written in somewhere to incorporate the possibility of a live moving spinner with timeshift?

---------- Post Merged at 07:20 PM ----------

getting lost reading all that,would people want to see a spinning icon on screen all the time.i remember on old slow boxes like the vu solo had the vix spinning in top left to show under stress,newer images and skins have changed what i look at now on newer boxes.
why does one want to stop or start your cams? i do like people messing with boxes as interesting things could happen.:butkiss::whistling:

i think you've misunderstood what i want to do; i don't want the spinner showing all the time; the spinner for the slyk skin i am using is the same spinning graphic used that displays on the official sly boxes when play/re-wind/fast-forward is pressed; but getting moving graphics onto e2 is a bit of a nightmare and not really supported, however the argument is that we know it's possible with some know-how and digging to use the spinner graphic as a different purpose, like what i want to do

yeah i make you right danmed, any ideas how this could possibly be written in somewhere to incorporate the possibility of a live moving spinner with timeshift?

i think you've misunderstood what i want to do; i don't want the spinner showing all the time; the spinner for the slyk skin i am using is the same spinning graphic used that displays on the official sly boxes when play/re-wind/fast-forward is pressed; but getting moving graphics onto e2 is a bit of a nightmare and not really supported, however the argument is that we know it's possible with some know-how and digging to use the spinner graphic as a different purpose, like what i want to do

So i *think* this multipix thing seems to just rotate through some individual images..

The images seem to be in /usr/share/enigma2/slyk-1-hd/spinner

You'd have to import the pixmap component at the start with

Code:
from Components.Pixmap import MultiPixmap

Your screen you want to display it in would need to contain

Code:

beytond that, i'm not really sure how this works and how it calls the images..

There is a pixmap.pyo in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/components which i assume is the component being loaded..

I'm afraid beyond that i'm a bit lost.

Code:
def updatepix(self):
		self.activityTimer.stop()
		if startselectedcam.lower().startswith('cccam'):
			if self.curpix > 23:
				self.curpix = 0
			if self.count > 120:
				self.curpix = 23
			self['connect'].setPixmapNum(self.curpix)
			if self.count == 120:  # timer on screen
				self.hide()
				self.close()
			self.activityTimer.start(120)  # cycle speed
			self.curpix += 1
			self.count += 1
		else:
			if self.curpix > 23:
				self.curpix = 0
			if self.count > 23:
				self.curpix = 0
			if self.count == 25:  # timer on screen
				self.hide()
				self.close()
			self.curpix += 1
			self.count += 1

that looks like it might be the routine for cycling through the images.... but again.. no idea how it actually calls the images unless it defaults to the spinner folder.

So i *think* this multipix thing seems to just rotate through some individual images..

The images seem to be in /usr/share/enigma2/slyk-1-hd/spinner

You'd have to import the pixmap component at the start with

Code:
from Components.Pixmap import MultiPixmap

Your screen you want to display it in would need to contain

Code:

beytond that, i'm not really sure how this works and how it calls the images..

There is a pixmap.pyo in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/components which i assume is the component being loaded..

I'm afraid beyond that i'm a bit lost.

Code:
def updatepix(self):
        self.activityTimer.stop()
        if startselectedcam.lower().startswith('cccam'):
            if self.curpix > 23:
                self.curpix = 0
            if self.count > 120:
                self.curpix = 23
            if self.count == 120:  # timer on screen
                self.hide()
                self.close()
            self.curpix += 1
            self.count += 1
        else:
            if self.curpix > 23:
                self.curpix = 0
            if self.count > 23:
                self.curpix = 0
            if self.count == 25:  # timer on screen
                self.hide()
                self.close()
            self.curpix += 1
            self.count += 1

that looks like it might be the routine for cycling through the images.... but again.. no idea how it actually calls the images unless it defaults to the spinner folder.

hmm, looks like that's the right track; you know a lot more than me about this; perhaps i am expecting too much; may have to live without it lol
hmm

Back