Advice about plex

nigs

Hi guys i currently have an android box running kodi with wookie build i only really use it for streaming films and tv shows not really a big footy fan . Ive also got a zgemma h2s for normal tv .Alot of my mates are going down the plex line on a now tv box . Not ever seeing plex or how it works would i get a better service by paying for a sub on plex just for films and tv shows , just wondered if there are any more benifits having plex over kodi
Thanks

plex will be a paid server

kodi generally runs on free servers

if theres no money going into the pot then the likelihood is that kodi streams will generally be inferior to plex.

same with any decent iptv server.

Just download iptv player on your h2s, just as good as Kodi and a paid plex sub, totally free and works a treat for movies and TV shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed I use a paid sub for hd sports and 3pm's but for TV shows and movies there is nothing on plex that you can't watch on iptv player in the same quality, I used to have a paid plex sub and as the OP has said that all he wants from it is TV shows and movies I don't see the point in him paying out for a plex sub when he can get it for nothing, I use iptv player for all my series and movies.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the info and as you say no1gooner i only want it for movies and tv shows not interested in sports so i will have a look at iptv on my h2s
Cheers
Is it just a download from the plugins

I've got a Plex sub with IPTV and VOD on a Now TV box but I didn't like the on screen layout and no epg data either. So I've put the IPTV into Kodi and use the ivue TV guide which gives me full channel listing and epg for it all. Seems to work fine and it may come in handy [STRIKE]when [/STRIKE]if they switch the lights off on new year's eve. lol

Thanks guys for the info and as you say no1gooner i only want it for movies and tv shows not interested in sports so i will have a look at iptv on my h2s
Cheers
Is it just a download from the plugins

Yes just a download from the plugin menu I know it's definitely there on atv not sure about vix as they did remove it a while back because of compatibility issue's, it does work fine on vix though, you can get the latest version from GitLab (just google iptv player GitLab) and download and unzip the file, ftp the iptv player folder to usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions and reboot your box.

Last edited:
Cheers im using wooshbuild v5 so i will have a look if its not there i will ftp the version into the folder
Thanks

Cheers im using wooshbuild v5 so i will have a look if its not there i will ftp the version into the folder
Thanks

If your using wooshbuild it should already be included in his image, not familiar with wooshbuild as I've never used it but have a look in the plugin menu.

Last edited:
I've got a Plex sub with IPTV and VOD on a Now TV box but I didn't like the on screen layout and no epg data either. So I've put the IPTV into Kodi and use the ivue TV guide which gives me full channel listing and epg for it all. Seems to work fine and it may come in handy [STRIKE]when [/STRIKE]if they switch the lights off on new year's eve. lol
Hi I'd really be interested to see how this works pls? Have you got a guide how to do or a video of it working? A working epg would make my wife happy and make it easier for me to sell it to her lol!!.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Back