Advice on box..

holmfirth

Hi I have lurked here for a short time and learnt a fair bit, thank you to all those who post.

I recently bought an Openbox V8S and have had success with it.
I now wish to progress to a more capable box with features such as twin tuner, EPG and built in hard drive.

I have seen recommendations for an NBox 5800sx which seem to fit the bill.

The only other thing I might want to do with the box is to access AVI/DIVX type files from my media server. I currently do this via a small PC using a version of XBMC (Openelec).
I am impressed by the Plex system which I have another TV in the house (Samsung App).

Question, does the Nbox, or other have the ability to run a GUI browser form media over network?

Thanks in advance

Nbox too slow for me to do what you want it to do, my main box is a VuSolo2, I highly recommend one of these, very fast and runs plex well

Or for half the price a ZGemmastar 2S, I have one running VIX in a spare room, add a USB HDD and it will do what you want also.

Last edited:
is it not better going for a working box with great support than one with little support as any problems can easily fixed,vu solo2 great box.

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I'm a bit of a newbie to this and am looking for some box and general advice.

like the original poster I currently have a v8s box which I am now looking to upgrade for the same reasons.

I have seen the solo2 on wos and they've also recommended I look at the technomate Tm twin OE.

When I ordered my v8s box it was plug and play with Clines included so I haven't had to go through an initial set up. How straightforward are these boxes to setup? From what I've read on various threads in this forum the vix firmware is a good option, if I order a box through wos with that preinstalled how much further configurations will be required other than loading gift?

Again, apologies for my lack of tech understanding :(

Hi, you should start your own thread but this website has lots of superb guides and friendly members to help you through, I would still buy the solo2 over the Tm Twin OE, not even close for me.

As for set up, enter gift and set up TV region and off you go, the speed of the VuSolo makes it a joy. Best get a HDD pre-installed if you don't know what to do.

Back