Advice On Choosing A Good Server Please

wilding2010

ADMIN PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU DELETE I'M NOT ASKING FOR A SERVICE!

Hi Guys & Girls :)

First off i'm kind of a nOOb but i have had Box's in the past "Starview" & "The Box" but i am new to the sat box area.

I have ordered a Openbox v8 and am waiting on it to arrive i know i need a "Gift" so i Requested on on the forum and got a lot of offers,
now i don't think i'm that stupid but as i don't fully understand this area i just thort i would ask the question that's on my mind.

i have had a lot of PM's offering 24Hour test line & also a 12month sub ranging from £27 - £120 for Nine or Cline for 12 months i have been checking how long these member have been forum active but most have been here just under a year or just over the Question is what will be the difference with the £27 line & the £120 line now i'm not going to buy the £120 line but are the cheaper ones really that bad? or should i just go for the £40/£50 lines all i want is a 12 month line but i guess its a bit of a mine filed and bad line could be any price??

Thanks

ADMIN PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU DELETE I'M NOT ASKING FOR A SERVICE!

Wouldn't do that!! I might change the title to try get you more answers though.

My opinion is that you should always take the trial, see how it goes, then to ensure that you are getting a decent product try get a month sub. while that works out at about £7, and a year is about £50, you are more sure of how good, bad or indifferent the line is, then go for a year.
the problem always is - will the server last the whole year or not? and the answer is - you can never tell.
the quality is not necessarily related to the price, it is dependant on the amount of lines per server the provider sells, the amount of broadband width he has bought, the amount of people are on at any one time, etc.

HI, get a testline during a big sporting event and check then as that's when peak is, check for little or no freezing/scrambling.

I agree with wheelo, I never do 24hr tests to be honest, I just get a month and see how it goes.

If your happy start to sub for longer. If not change.

I tend to go with big servers who supply N lines as you can see customer feedback on sites where they advertise.

Also if they do have a problem, they will post and let customers know what's going on, so nobody panics if there is a glitch.

But that is just my preference, I have a mate who shares with a very small server and he is completely happy with the service.

Just thought of this !!!

Most servers offer the full sky package, but you may want to look out for some extras they throw in such as

Setanta (3pm footy),
PPV boxing / wrestling,
Multiroom (so you can run more than one box in the same house without paying for another line).

Last edited:
Back