AdviCe on replacement cable box

gravehead

TK Veteran
hello everyone,
in need of some decent advice about possibly replacing my AMIKO MINI COMBO HD.
posted a few messages when I bricked my box by putting the wrong firmware in instead of channel list and got some good advice about fixing it thank you
but I have spent a lot of time, effort and a few quid trying to fix it, I have bought a reconditioned windows xp tower with the 9 pin serial port at the back and two RS232 to 3.5mm jack cables and followed the set up guide posted by BarryGFX but the PC will not sync with the AMIKO no matter what I do, its driven me crazy.
I am dropping the PC and AMIKO off at my friends next week to see if he can sort it (he's a full time tech guy so he knows a lot more than I do)
but if he cannot fix it I am looking to replace the box with something different, I don't want to be messing around like this again if I get another AMIKO so i'm after a box that will give me everything the AMIKO did, full HD channels using VM cable and hopefully easier to fix if the worst should happen again.
i'm wondering if its easier to buy a box and put the software/firmware in myself and add my existing line.
speaking of my existing line, would I be able to just add my existing line to the new box or would I have to get a new line, hopefully not as my line is excellent
any advice will be greatly appreciated
thankyou

Back