Advice required

Hello all,

I've just signed up so please bear with me.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction in, I'm doing some research for a friend who has VM connection with BB and TV and I've narrowed the box he requires to the Zgemma H5 (I'm open to recommendations).

1. The box will be located in the lounge quite a way from the VM SuperHub therefore he'll need a USB WiFi dongle, I presume the dongle's are standard and an older one would work with the h5?
  2. As he wants to continue using his Tivo box does he need a splitter to split the feed from VM or will the loop out be fine? Is it the same principle as an Openbox, which is what I use for Sly? I.E Tivo box will need to be turned off for Zgemma to work?
  3. I've read the WooshBuild is best build out there for a near replica UI of Tivo?

Many Thanks.

2 . you can use both boxes at the same time. you may or may not need a new line as some providers do not let you use the 1 line on both boxes
3 . woohsbuild i would go with mate

My recommendation would be, not to use wifi dongles, if you are going to invest in a good box, buy a set of TP link mini nano 200mbps powerline adapters so you can hard wire your box via the ringmains

Back