After any flash if I restart it's stuck on boot.

asmad

TK Veteran
Been trying to fix mates mother-in-law's h2 box. She'd a bad habit of pulling the plug out instead of deep standby. When I got the box it just showed the openvix boot screen and boot on the front panel.

I flashed the box with openvix and with an image of wooshbuild v5 I'd put on the mates box. The box flashes and then boots up no problem but once I do a restart or a deep standby it sticks on the boot screen again.

Any ideas?

Do you mead LED display? It just sits on boot. If I flash a USB it says USB, then flash and then boots up with the new image or openvix. Runs perfectly until you reboot or shutdown and restart. Then it's back to the openvix boot screen and says boot on front panel.

I've tried openvix, wooshbuild v5.003 and now I've just tried a new wooshbuild 4 starting from scratch.

Same problem except now when you restart it shows wooshbuild instead of openvix on the bootscreen and boot on the led panel.

Maybe I should add that after flashing an image it works perfectly. All channels work as they should. Menus, settings all OK.

I had a look on the zgemma site and they have a couple of bootloader downloads for this model, so I have now tried them both. Both flashed OK but made no change.

Now it's had woosh v4 flashed it has wooshbuild bootscreen instead of the openvix one but is still behaving the same way.

could be a corrupt sector on the internal memory..

I was thinking something along those lines.

I've been working at it all morning and seem to be getting somewhere. After trying different images and downloads all with the same result I decided to try wooshbuild v4 from scratch as i'd previously had good results fixing an H2 using this method. Best result so far, but still some very strange behaviour.

The box will restart and load up again every time if I select reboot

if i deep standby the box and then turn it back on it with the remote control it will hang on boot.

If after selecting deep standby the box shuts down I then if I press the rear switch off/on, it will reboot.

Not perfect, but still a lot better than it was

Hi All had the same issue and downloaded firmware from zgemma site instead of here as cannot get permission for download and now lost everything got an openvix screen with no channels Help!!!

which firmware did you download? And I'm guessing you have just joined the techkings forum? You need at least one post here before you can download. Guess you've done that now so permission should be granted shortly.

Once you are able to download you could try what i did with both of these H2 boxes i have got going again.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/103010-wooshbuild-v4-x-zgemma-h2s-2s-s-openatv-5-3-a.html

Make sure you download for the H2 if that's the box you are using and follow all the instructions. after it installs you can then update to V5 following the instructions in the thread below.

Make sure the usb stick you use for flashing is deep formatted fat32 as these H2 and H2S boxes are very particular and for the H2 use the rear USB, not the front. The H2S is ok to use the front usb.

If its an H2S box you have you could try flashing V5
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/109524-wooshbuild-v5-zgemma-h2s.html

If you had one installed, do you have a backup copy of your line so you can get your satellite channels back.

I'm pretty sure it said 5, but then again i think everyone I've ever flashed said something similar. I've sent the box back to its owner with a new line on it and it started on the 2nd attempt.

Must of restarted and deep standby'd the box dozens of times today. Every restart rebooted no problem. Every deep shutdown stuck on reboot unless the rear switch was used and even then, usually on the 2nd try before it booted.

Wooshbuild v4 seems to change the initial boot screen, something V5 doesn't appear to do. So I'm wondering if it writes something more on the boot sector of the internal memory.
No other image or software that I tried (and i tried them all) would allow the box to restart after a shutdown or a reboot. It always hung on boot.

when you run V4 it starts straight away on a wooshbuild boot screen, but when you freshly install v5 its always a blank screen for the initial count up from 0 to 15.

kind of just thinking out loud with some of these ideas, so i'd welcome anyone else's tuppence worth?? I do enjoy a challenge.

Last edited:
Back