Aintree Grand National 2010 Latest

noelyf

VIP Member
000320ad-314.jpg
Last year's winner Mon Mome will contest the Grand National again this year

Past winners Mon Mome (2009) and Comply Or Die (2008) are among a maximum field of 40 declared for the John Smith's Grand National at Aintree on Saturday.

There was not one withdrawal from the top 40, leaving connections of those horses, such as Whinstone Boy and Chief Dan George, just outside the elite set disappointed.

The Howard Johnson-trained Abbeybraney is the last horse to make the cut.

There are, though, four reserves - 2007 winner Silver Birch, last year's fifth Cerium, Royal Rosa and Knowhere.

They will fill any gaps should there be any non-runners announced before 9am on Friday.

Silver Birch is, however, also engaged to run in the John Smith's Topham Chase on Friday.

Mon Mome was a 100-1 stunner 12 months ago when he defeated Comply Or Die by 12 lengths.

The high-class duo will be joined by last year's respective third, fourth and sixth - My Will, State Of Play and Big Fella Thanks, the ante-post favourite.

Aiming for better luck is Black Apalachi, who fell at Becher's on the second circuit when in the lead last April.

His trainer Dessie Hughes also runs Vic Venturi who, like Black Apalachi, has triumphed over the fearsome obstacles in the Becher Chase.

Mon Mome's trainer Venetia Williams has a second string to her bow in Flintoff. The nine-year-old, co-owned by England international cricket star Andrew Flintoff, was re-routed from Monday's Irish Grand National after being guaranteed a run at Aintree.

Timmy Murphy has stayed loyal to Comply Or Die, leaving Graham Lee, successful on Amberleigh House in 2004, to partner owner David Johnson's other runner The Package.

Their trainer David Pipe also saddles top-weight Madison Du Berlais, Pablo Du Charmil and Piraya.

Nigel Twiston-Davies has no less than five runners - Beat The Boys, Ballyfitz, Ollie Magern, Irish Raptor and Hello Bud - as he chases a third win in the big race.

Champion trainer Paul Nicholls has yet to taste success in the National and his main hopes are Big Fella Thanks, the mount of stable jockey and two-time National victor Ruby Walsh, and Tricky Trickster.

Last year's winning jockey Liam Treadwell will be aboard Nozic for Nicholls, who also has My Will.

The Jonjo O'Neill-trained pair of Don't Push It and Can't Buy Time, both owned by JP McManus, are also engaged.

McManus additionally has a leading contender in Arbor Supreme, trained by Willie Mullins, whose Snowy Morning is also well regarded.

Top Irish female jockey Nina Carberry has a plum ride in the John Quinn-trained Character Building, recently bought by David and Patricia Thompson, the proprietors of Cheveley Park Stud.

John Smith's Grand National - Final Declarations
1 Madison Du Berlais (11st 10lb)
2 Mon Mome (11st 7lb)
3 Vic Venturi (11st 6lb)
4 Black Apalachi (11st 6lb)
5 Joe Lively (11st 6lb)
6 Don|t Push It (11st 5lb)
7 Comply Or Die (11st 5lb)
8 Tricky Trickster (11st 4lb)
9 Niche Market (11st 4lb)
10 Made In Taipan (11st 4lb)
11 Dream Alliance (11st 3lb)
12 Cloudy Lane (11st 3lb)
13 Nozic (11st 3lb)
14 My Will (11st 2lb)
15 Pablo Du Charmil (11st 2lb)
16 Ballyholland (11st)
17 Backstage (11st)
18 Beat The Boys (11st)
19 Preists Leap (11st)
20 Snowy Morning (10st 13lb)
21 Can't Buy Time (10st 13lb)
22 Big Fella Thanks (10st 12lb)
23 State Of Play (10st 11lb)
24 Character Building (10st 11lb)
25 Ellerslie George (10st 10lb)
26 Eric's Charm (10st 9lb)
27 King Johns Castle (10st 9lb)
28 Conna Castle (10st 9lb)
29.Ballyfitz (10st 9lb)
30 Ollie Magern (10st 9lb)
31 Arbor Supreme (10st 8lb)
32 Maljimar (10st 8lb)
33 The Package (10st 7lb)
34 Piraya (10st 7lb)
35 Irish Raptor (10st 7lb)
36 Mr Pointment (10st 7lb)
37 Palypso De Creek (10st 6lb)
38 Hello Bud (10st 6lb)
39 Flintoff (10st 5lb)
40 Abbeybraney (10st 5lb)

RESERVES:
1.Silver Birch (10st 5lb)
2.Cerium (10st 5lb)
3Royal Rosa (10st 5lb)
4.Knowhere (10st 4lb)

cheers noely (y)(y) they call it the race that stops the nation...its like a needle ina hay stack.
il hav a bet on. [ big fella thanks ]

I had Comply Or die the last two years Joe (backed him in the national in 2008 & again last year). Might go for him again, one last time.

I`m a big Timmy Murphy fan. Won a few bob with him over the years (y)

Just showing Teresa horses for,Grand National Noely.10 horses she has picked out.Think il have to send her to
Gamblers Anonymous.lollollollollol Thanks Noely

ally tat does not surprise melol
she is very lucky il bet there all funny name's she's picked out
at odds of 100/1 and she will win lol

Lets cheer each other on in Grand National.What is your horse.Im on Character Building.Good luck everyone(y)

A tenner each way, at 16 to one, is 160 plus a quarter, is it 220 including getting my bet back? I dunno, i'll tell you later lol

Back