AirDigital released a new dvb2s update

sirhc

Tonight it seems our lords and masters AirDigital :willy nilly: have released a new tuner update.. never got the details as I updated but as of the update I can now stream HD content channels over my local network without any buffering what so ever. Only down side is the interlacing is messed up big time so vlc might need to turn deinterlacing to on to get rid of the line tearing on fast movement, but this is the first time i have been able to really watch a hd stream in good quality with no buffering.. either that or tonights win 10 redstone beta build has sorted my video card drivers... :yes!:

Are you streaming via computer, or zgemma? How does windows 10 come into it? Open webeif?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

I use open webif on the gemma opened in a browser on my windows 10 laptop and vlc to play the stream ( fta and line channels not rtmp and ip streams). My laptop is currently running the windows 10 beta program (build 11102.rs1 x64 pro) and a new build was released lastnight along with a big update for the gemma 5.1 so I have no idea if it was the gemma update or the windows 10 new build update but i can now stream good quality hd from the gemma to my laptop on my local network (gemma s2 is hardwired to my lan and my laptop if wifi connected). Before lastnight all hd channel streams would stutter so i could not watch them but after both machine updated its now playing the hd streams great. I though i would start a thread to see if anyone else had problems before with hd streams or if it was just my setup since this laptop is a beta test machine.. btw I am stuck in bed with a very bad back awaiting spinal surgery and have to stream my tv content from my gemma down in the lounge up to my bedroom..

sirhc

That explains it perfectly, ta, thought I was going crazier ;)

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

The gemma update is installed via software update, menu, setup, software management, software update if you are running any of the 5.1 builds, I do not know if the 4.2 builds will have these updates tho.. please be aware that these updates can mess a working system up as they are not fully tested with every different image and build so only apply them if you know how to repair/flash your box just incase anything may go wrong..

the windows 10 beta. if you are in the fast release ring then you should be offerd the update, if you are not a beta tester please stay away as they are about as stable as a prostitue on prozac and can wreck your computer system to the point of having to wipe it clean and having to re install from scratch loosing all files and data...

sirhc

Who are Air Digital? Never heard of them lol

Anyway I never knew you couldn't stream HD! Shows what I know. But I guess I've got the update because I'm streaming HD fine, apart from the the interlacing lines. I'll try your fix for that, thanks. :)

Clipboard01.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 03:50 PM ----------

Just to confirm turn de-interlace on in VLC video menu and it's perfect.

Using webif to initiate streaming from my gemma to my laptop on my Lan will have nothing to do with internet speed dsayers, because i am confined to bed at the moment nothing is going outside of my local area network. If i were trying to watch from outside of my network then internet upload speed could be an issue.

sirhc

What does this tuner update do? will it sort the issue below?

I have single feed.

In tuner A (snr is up and down very fast, but agc is 99)
In Tuner B (snr is steady and static, but agc is like 50)

Back