All great on cable for 6 months then.....help!!!

Palm_Sunday

I'm tearing my few available hairs out trying to get to the bottom of a problem with certain channels constantly freezing and glitching.
I've had my line since last august and all was fine until a few months ago when certain channels such as Fox HD, Alibi HD, BBC 1 Wales HD and a few more started to regularly lock up for a few seconds, at times it's happening so frequently it makes the channels unwatchable. Strangely it rarely happens with the premium channels such as movies and sports.
I thought the line was dodgy so was prepared to change provider until I tried several test lines and found the problem was still happening.
So far I've:
  • Tried different lines
  • Reflashed my box (xtrend 8500 twin tuner, latest Vix version)
  • Disabled the tuners one at a time
  • Rescanned the channels
  • Changed the cable into the box (although I have 99% SNR & 83-91% agc)
  • Reset my modem and router (vermin box in modem mode and dlink router
  • Checked my broadband speed (150mb) and wired lan connection to box
None of the above actions have made any difference so I'm wondering if there are any other avenues I could Try?
Has anyone had to change router settings for instance?
I'm at a loss and need the experienced and expert opinions of this forum - thanks in advance!

Last edited:
one thing about cable tuners is they need very good cable and connections and i myself had an issue with very bad picture due to a bad connection before splitter,check on sat finder to see if hops alot.

mine can do that to but i know its internet related as flashing lights stop then start again.

Thanks for the info caktikid, when you say check on sat finder to see if it hops can you can you explain a little more?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have this problem also, movies and sports ok however some of the non premium freeze/glitch. I have noticed that I'm getting high ecm times what are yours like?

I have done a traceroute to my servers and think there is a issue as I get two rows of stars. I'm not sure how to get it fixed. I have also noticed my internet speed is quite poor I get around 20mbs off a 100mbs line

Swap problem hd channels with sd ones that's what I've done. It was only BBC Wales hd and itv Wales hd on vermin.
Had same problem with itv Wales hd on sly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don't forget that all channels on cable in the uk apart from 1-5 in sd are premium.

Do you have any splitters on the feed as these can sometimes fail.

one thing about cable tuners is they need very good cable and connections and i myself had an issue with very bad picture due to a bad connection before splitter,check on sat finder to see if hops alot.

mine can do that to but i know its internet related as flashing lights stop then start again.

Mine keeps hopping from 79/81% :/

Any advice please?

P.s - I also only usually get 40/41 SNR, not sure if that's of any relevance?

Last edited:
Back