Amiko Alien 2 help

Dp4

Hi,

Have just upgraded my skybox to an amiko alien 2 box and have just realised it's not as easy to get setup.

I have installed an enigma 2 image and that seems to be working fine but have no idea how to get my mgcamd line onto this box. I've seen something about converting it to oscam but am a bit baffled by it.

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated

Certainly CCcam does not work at all.
Oscam is the way to go. It does take a bit of setting up but there are many guides out there.

Certainly CCcam does not work at all.
Oscam is the way to go. It does take a bit of setting up but there are many guides out there.

thanks for the reply, took me a few hours but figured it out in the end.

Great box compared to the skybox f5 I had previously

let others know how you figured it out if they have the same problem,anything is better than a skybox lol

let others know how you figured it out if they have the same problem,anything is better than a skybox lol

there's an mgcamd plugin but I could not install that for some reason, think it was to do with the enigma image I flashed onto my box.

So what I done was convert my line which starts with CWS into a nline and then used an oscam converter to make it an oscam file.

Then I ftp'd the oscam.server file to var/keys and restarted the oscam service and it worked.

Much better than a skybox, not had 1 freeze or glitch since I moved to this amiko box. Didn't get many on the skybox but they did happen now and again.

how do you restart the oscam service? nI have converted the line and put it in the keys folder but no joy!! I am an absolute novice to all this so please help

thanks

how do you restart the oscam service? nI have converted the line and put it in the keys folder but no joy!! I am an absolute novice to all this so please help

thanks

think it will depend on what image you are using, on mine I go to plugins and select alternative softcam manager and then restart it. If that plug in isnt installed then I think it would be in the settings somewhere under softcam/cl

Back