Amiko HD mini combo pixelating on hd cable channels

simonb

Is any one else getting this issue with amiko hd mini combo pixelating on alot of cable hd channels. good signal 90/90 tried different softwares and splitters same outcome. sat side working fine and sd channels on cable working fine all net id ect correct HELP!!

Mine did the same, I noticed the signal dropped on the
problem channels, it was the same on a mates box too.

The channels where always the same ones.

I think it's the tuner personally, I have read the same on the T2C model and another Amiko model but I forget which one now,
so I recon they use the same tuner across a range of boxes.

Attenuators have been tried by other members to no avail.

I am using the same cable line in another box and haven't had an issue.

When I had Amiko combo and triple tuner the HD channels would break up until I installed CATV BOOSTER cleared up then

thanks for the info it just seems to be sly hd with issues with signal drop sd channels fine and satside fine gonna have to try booster

Hi guys,

I have had the Amiko HD combo for just over 2 weeks-was near PERFECT initially, but sure enough I have now have exactly the problem described in this thread-heavy pixcellation on MOST sly HD channels (Sky Living HD for example absolutely fine) everything else OK. Can't understand the sudden change!!?

Is The CATV booster the way to go then-simonb did you go that route, popsy08 have you tried? Appreciate any updates!

Cheers
Keith

hi some channels have changed frequency this can cause pixalation also.
i have an amiko tc box which had similar problems now sorted by deleting all channels and re-scanning again. its a bit of a pain but it fixed that issue.
also VM are moving channels around for the new red interactive button channels for wimbledon ,glastonbury and other events coming up.also some HD channels are testing on new frequencies causing more channel changes.
so a rescan might help you.

Update-bought the dearest CATV booster off e-bay (Konig for £35) and it made NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER to the pixcellating on the effected HD channels!

So I now have to join the contingent who think the DVB/C tuner in the Amiko isn't up to the job!

Bees-if you read this could you advise (PM if you prefer) which box you changed to?

Cheers
Keith

amiko are known to have issues in low signal areas with hd,a good enigma2 receivers are posted in the cable box thread.

As cactikid has said, any good E2 box, the cheapest is a single tuner miraclebox with a cable tuner.

You have probably spent about the same in total that the miraclebox costs, trying to fix the problem.

They also do a combo, good boxes in loads of ways.

Better build quality, any updates can be done over the net direct to the box, good EPG,
EPG and channel list updates are done automatically in the night when the box is on standby,
good support.

I would say you are better off with a box which runs a genuine Vix image from world of sat, but lots are using the cheaper Zgemma's

As you have probably found out, you get what you pay for. (y)

Last edited:
My thanks to cactikid and bees. For the record though I don't think I have a weak single-Q & L levels are invariably 90+, my location is only a couple of miles outside Manchester city center.

I will post again when I have persuaded "the boss" that I will have to buy a new box!

Cheers
Keith

i would then suggest to read back through the other amiko users posts and see if they got their boxes fixed or replaced with better ones,always make sure good cables good tight connections and good splitters used.

Back