Amiko hd mini combo problems

gravehead

TK Veteran
hello everybody,
this is my first proper post and hopefully you can help me and in turn I can help people out in the future.
I have purchased an amiko hd mini combo and am using VM cable, I have every channel you can think of (sports, movies etc) a lot of them in glorious HD which looks brilliant on my 60 inch tv, the problem is most of the channels pause after about 60 seconds, some come back on after a few seconds and then do it again, some don't come back on at all which is really annoying when trying to watch a movie.
also if I go up and down the channels on my favourites list to find something to watch after 7 or 8 presses on the up or down channel button on the remote the message "scrambled" appears on the screen and the only way I seem to be able to fix both these issues is to turn the box off and back on again but its only a matter of time before I get the same problems again,
any help at all would be very much appreciated
thanks

You could try a different line in the box in case it's down to your server

and also have a read here

sorry to sound thick bees but what exactly do you mean by "try a different line in the box"?
thanks

Was your box sold with a "gift" Basically plug and play ?

If so somebody has already put a C or N line in to the box for you.

A line is the bit of code you put in to the box so you can watch the $ channels.

Most servers supply free 24 hr test lines, you could put one in the box and compare
the results between the two of them.

i got the amiko then got in touch with the guy who supplied it and he gave me the codes to put in down the phone so i take it that's a "gift box"
reading other posts on techkings i think i have a N-line as the emulator in the net client config menu says NewCamd
do i need to get in touch with the guy who supplied the box for the test line or can it be done through the amiko
really appreciate the help so far

Could be because you were only given a test line which works as you mentioned. You need to get a proper line whose server is ON most of the time.

Scrambling channels is usually down to two common problems.

Internet connection or server issues.

You are best using an Ethernet cable to router to connect the box to the net, next best is a pair of homeplugs.
Using WiFi can sometimes give you signal drops which causes scrambling.

Next, untick "active line" button where you put in your N line.

Get a test line from another server, put it in the box and activate that line.

You now can compare the service from both servers.

You can put in a request here

hi bees,
thanks for the feedback, I am using a brand new Ethernet cable and running 100mb internet (bought new cable in desperation to get this box working properly, i'm really clutching at straws)
I should have mentioned earlier the sports channels seem to be fine, no freezing at all (although it does say scrambled when others do) which is great for me but no good for the wife when she wants to watch a movie etc.
can I just request a test line in the section you have highlighted or will I have to commit to a full package?
thanks again for the help

Most decent servers will provide you with a free 24 hr test.

Try before you buy ! if you like.

Just post in the thread, somebody will get back to you

Back