Amiko Mini HD and Openbox Pro V8 Combo Help

supert84

Hello everybody,

I am new here so a hello to everyone. Okay this issue has had me pulling my hair out as I just cant seem to figure it out.

I have 2 VM boxes (Amiko HD mini and a V8 Pro Combo). Now I am having issues setting them up, I am in the Leeds area, I have entered all of the details correctly aka Leeds Ex C&W 41053 666.750 6.952. When I do a channel scan, it gets the channels through so I know that isnt it. Although I havent put the Network ID into anywhere.

Now I have put the line details in, and am getting green (on amiko) and connected, but still no avail, nothing is coming through channel wise ($).

Now I know it is something simple and could potentially be the network ID that I need to put in somewhere.

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with setting these up and can point me in the right path or guide me as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for the help and advice.

Hello everybody,

I am new here so a hello to everyone. Okay this issue has had me pulling my hair out as I just cant seem to figure it out.

I have 2 VM boxes (Amiko HD mini and a V8 Pro Combo). Now I am having issues setting them up, I am in the Leeds area, I have entered all of the details correctly aka Leeds Ex C&W 41053 666.750 6.952. When I do a channel scan, it gets the channels through so I know that isnt it. Although I havent put the Network ID into anywhere.

Now I have put the line details in, and am getting green (on amiko) and connected, but still no avail, nothing is coming through channel wise ($).

Now I know it is something simple and could potentially be the network ID that I need to put in somewhere.

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with setting these up and can point me in the right path or guide me as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for the help and advice.

with the amiko I think you can just do a blind scan on 6952 and that should bring your channels in, regarding your line if its a nline which most cable are, make sure your putting it in newcamd

Thanks for the quick reply.

Its a ccam, but I can change it to a newcamd as I have access to the panel.

How many channels should I be getting, as i have seen on the forum that it should be 350, but atm I am getting about 150.

I wonder if that is an issue?

Have a look at the guide here

When scanning for channels on the Amiko you will enter 410.5 in the frequency field which is basically your net id
and 6952 as your symbol rate. Flick through the QAM settings until you get the bars across the bottom of the screen then scan.

Also Amiko HD Mini SE is a sat box, Amiko Mini HD Combo wil do sat and cable.

Last edited:
Hi all . Same question here really.. I am deciding which to buy openbox v8 combo or the amiko mini combo. They seem pretty compatible with the amiko slightly shading it with versitility using different lines. Have returned my ariva 4k due to on going issues with tuner so looking for a cheaper alternative that is relatively easy to configure. Any opinions for me?

---------- Post Merged at 09:18 AM ----------

Sorry mod wrong thread

Used both of them and for sorting channels on the vm side the amiko box is easier to use. Both are very basic boxes but do what is needed. Sorting the amiko into one big fav group is just a lot easier

Back