Amiko Mini HD not working

rob_rhp

Hi I am new to this site, I have joined as I am after some information, I am based in South Yorkshire and my Amiko Mini Box has now lost all subscription channels and when I try to do an FTP Update which would usually sort this issue, there isn't any updates available, can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

Have you tried restarting your router and box I'm not very familiar with the amiko box but will try and help best I can has it got softcams on it to try restarting server

Have you tried restarting your router and box I'm not very familiar with the amiko box but will try and help best I can has it got softcams on it to try restarting server
ye mate, ive tried restarting, ive done blind scans satellite installations etc, it finds all the channels but all the sky uk channels don't work, bt sport works and boxnation and free to air channels work, but non of the ppvs or sky.

ye mate, ive tried restarting, ive done blind scans satellite installations etc, it finds all the channels but all the sky uk channels don't work, bt sport works and boxnation and free to air channels work, but non of the ppvs or sky.
Most of premium sky channels went dead last year like movies and all sky sports there is only a selected few left including bt sports boxnation selected kids and documentaries but can be accessed via iptv

Most of premium sky channels went dead last year like movies and all sky sports there is only a selected few left including bt sports boxnation selected kids and documentaries but can be accessed via iptv
so does this mean my amiko mini is useless now? can I not connect to another server or something? sorry if I am being annoying, I'm not very technically gifted in this department ha.

so does this mean my amiko mini is useless now? can I not connect to another server or something? sorry if I am being annoying, I'm not very technically gifted in this department ha.
I think you can have iptv on them not too sure though which you would get all the missing sky channels back aswell as keeping the remaining sattalite channels

I don't mean to be annoying mate but whats iptv
Internet portal tv where you basically get all sky channels plus foreign sports channels which show Premier league football box office events and many morebasically a full sky package and virgin TV mixed into one

Internet portal tv where you basically get all sky channels plus foreign sports channels which show Premier league football box office events and many morebasically a full sky package and virgin TV mixed into one
Thanks for your help

Hi rob the Amiko won't run IPTV.

If you change your subscription you won't get any more channels than you have already
as Sky changed the encryption on Sports, Films etc.

Most people on sat jumped to IPTV after this happened, some servers are good and you will get all the channels you had plus more.
Some are crap and very glitchy, there are a lot of mixed reviews this is probably the direction everything is heading in though.

Have a look in the IPTV section, I would look at a MAG or Android box, as your old box wasn't Enigma 2 based it can't be converted to use IPTV.

New box I'm afraid.

Hi rob the Amiko won't run IPTV.

If you change your subscription you won't get any more channels than you have already
as Sky changed the encryption on Sports, Films etc.

Most people on sat jumped to IPTV after this happened, some servers are good and you will get all the channels you had plus more.
Some are crap and very glitchy, there are a lot of mixed reviews this is probably the direction everything is heading in though.

Have a look in the IPTV section, I would look at a MAG or Android box, as your old box wasn't Enigma 2 based it can't be converted to use IPTV.

New box I'm afraid.
Appreciate your response, so what would I have to do or what box do I need to buy to get all the channels I once had?

If it's an amiko mini combo HD you could set it up as a cable box.
Which still has sports in SD and everything else in HD at the moment

Amiko Mini HD SE's became useless since the sky lost a good load of its channels. You can run IPTV off it, but its terrible.

If you have Virgin Media broadband and have the "combo" version
of the box, you can just scan for channels and get a cable subscription
very similar to your sat set up.

IPTV look at something like a MAG256 or a decent Android box like a T95Z

You need a decent broadband package approx 20 Mb download speed.

Then you need an IPTV subscription.

Need to know exactly which model of box you are using.
When you say you could receive the sky channels, how long ago were they last seen as sky turned them off a year ago, if you were watching them recently, you must be on VM cable?

Back