Amiko Mini HD not working

Need to know exactly which model of box you are using.
When you say you could receive the sky channels, how long ago were they last seen as sky turned them off a year ago, if you were watching them recently, you must be on VM cable?

it was over a year ago mate

in that case, the channels you are still getting are the only ones available on a Satellite sub, unless you get a motorised dish.
failing that, you may have to use iptv as suggested above but not sure that box will run iptv.
do you live ina Virgin cabled area? - you could get a cable box and get all the channels but some of the sport are now only in SD, not HD

If you go down the IPTV route there is plenty of help about
most people jumped ship a while back.

in that case, the channels you are still getting are the only ones available on a Satellite sub, unless you get a motorised dish.
failing that, you may have to use iptv as suggested above but not sure that box will run iptv.
do you live ina Virgin cabled area? - you could get a cable box and get all the channels but some of the sport are now only in SD, not HD

I am in a virgin cabled area but I'm not with virgin.... and don't have a motorised dish

Then your other option is to get VM broadband, and a cable box.

If you get an Enigma 2 box it can be tweeked to run IPTV if cable goes tits up.

Something like this Xtrend ET7100v2 HD 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Linux Full HD H.265 PVR 1080p Digital Cable / Terrestrial Receiver

Virgin are making changes to their Sports HD channels at the moment and it is likely
the rest of the HD will follow at some point.

Nobody knows how long SD will last, could be weeks could be years.

Finally, you may be lucky if your house has had cable in the past the feed may still be live
and you can then use any BB package.

Safest way is just to sign up for Virgin BB only then you are gauranteed a live feed

Then your other option is to get VM broadband, and a cable box.

If you get an Enigma 2 box it can be tweeked to run IPTV if cable goes tits up.

Something like this Xtrend ET7100v2 HD 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Linux Full HD H.265 PVR 1080p Digital Cable / Terrestrial Receiver

Virgin are making changes to their Sports HD channels at the moment and it is likely
the rest of the HD will follow at some point.

Nobody knows how long SD will last, could be weeks could be years.

Finally, you may be lucky if your house has had cable in the past the feed may still be live
and you can then use any BB package.

Safest way is just to sign up for Virgin BB only then you are gauranteed a live feed
Thanks mate, appreciate that.

Hi just jumping in here as I don’t see a piece on my issue with amiko. Hope that’s ok. If not I can start a new thread.
I gave my mam my amiko mini connect once I got a zgemma box. I deleted the Soarview channels on the cork and changed the channel to her transmitter but only getting 6 saorview channels. I’m fairly confident I’ve done the blind scan correct to the transmitter for her address. Is there any other issue it could be. She had a tv guy but the aerial up for her ( I think the attic). For me it might be the signal but interested to learn if it’s something else could be the issue

Hi just jumping in here as I don’t see a piece on my issue with amiko. Hope that’s ok. If not I can start a new thread.
I gave my mam my amiko mini connect once I got a zgemma box. I deleted the Soarview channels on the cork and changed the channel to her transmitter but only getting 6 saorview channels. I’m fairly confident I’ve done the blind scan correct to the transmitter for her address. Is there any other issue it could be. She had a tv guy but the aerial up for her ( I think the attic). For me it might be the signal but interested to learn if it’s something else could be the issue
What's the signal strength?
My aerial blows about in the wind but still gets all channels, have you checked the connector plug is good and not frayed or corroded inside?
Isn't there an online checker where you can put the postcode in and it tells you which transmitter to use?

What's the signal strength?
My aerial blows about in the wind but still gets all channels, have you checked the connector plug is good and not frayed or corroded inside?
Isn't there an online checker where you can put the postcode in and it tells you which transmitter to use?
The strengths was high 79 and 90. All the connections were only done for her my registered tv guy yesterday so I’m fairly sure there all good as the 6 saorview channels are good and all the uk channels. I used the postcode for the transmitter and entered the channel no which shows good strength and signal but can’t get some saorview. Only thing I’m grasping at is the aerial could be in the attic.

The strengths was high 79 and 90. All the connections were only done for her my registered tv guy yesterday so I’m fairly sure there all good as the 6 saorview channels are good and all the uk channels. I used the postcode for the transmitter and entered the channel no which shows good strength and signal but can’t get some saorview. Only thing I’m grasping at is the aerial could be in the attic.
If you are getting 80-90 signal strength it doesn't matter where the aerial is.
What image is in use?
Have you tried an autobouqetsmaker scan?

Back