Amiko SHD8140 CX E Box advice?

Which operating system this box runs?

Will a provider/server that is compatible with the skybox be also compatible with the above box?

thanks,

Not sure what operating system it runs,but the answer to your second question is yes,nice box depending which firmware you use its has online channel updates ;)

Not sure what operating system it runs,but the answer to your second question is yes,nice box depending which firmware you use its has online channel updates ;)

If you don't know what operating system it runs then how do you that it is compatible?
I have done quite a few of the boxes,personally think there better than skybox,Will a provider/server that is compatible with the skybox be also compatible with the above box? I take it you mean a line/gift ? then yes,operating system its not a pc lol for more options I suggest you do some reading on diff boxes if you want to mess around with settings plugins etc

If you don't know what operating system it runs then how do you that it is compatible?
I have done quite a few of the boxes,personally think there better than skybox,Will a provider/server that is compatible with the skybox be also compatible with the above box? I take it you mean a line/gift ? then yes,operating system its not a pc lol for more options I suggest you do some reading on diff boxes if you want to mess around with settings plugins etc

Yes I mean a line/gift. Provider/server says it will work on boxes that run the Linux operating system such as skybox/openbox etc. I just want confirmation that the Amiko box I mentioned runs Linux otherwise which operating system?

Last edited:
It will take your line,i could be wrong but skybox/open box are not running the Linux operating system,you want a AMIKO SHD-8900 ALIEN DVB-S/S2 DUAL BOOT RECEIVER,the other boxes are closed sorce,as I said earlier nice box for the price easy set up and works lol its a budget box for a novice,the alien is for a more advanced user in my eyes,runs Linux and spark

It will take your line,i could be wrong but skybox/open box are not running the Linux operating system,you want a AMIKO SHD-8900 ALIEN DVB-S/S2 DUAL BOOT RECEIVER,the other boxes are closed sorce,as I said earlier nice box for the price easy set up and works lol its a budget box for a novice,the alien is for a more advanced user in my eyes,runs Linux and spark

Ok so your confirming that this:

SKYBOX, F3S/F5S/F4/F6, OPENBOX, VU, UK FULL ACCESS 12 MONTH CHANNEL LIST GIFT BN | eBay

will work on the Amiko SHD8140 CX E box?

with better boxes like enigma2 running vix image you dont worry about channel lists as the box automatically does it for you.only mugs buy boxes and gifts from ebay.

Hi guys, where can one order this box from? I am looking for dealers that ship to the UK.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Back