An inbetweener twin tuner for F5S and Vu+ Solo2

DuWolfy

My brother wants to have a setup similar to mine, F5S in the bedroom and a Vu+ Solo2 downstairs and was looking for something thats inbetween in price (He's a cheap ass) for downstairs but not as expensive as the Vu+ but better than the F5S

Any recommendations for something inbetween with twin tuner with the same features would be greatly appreciated.

I would have a look at the Gigiblue boxes for a twin sat £189. or the LX2 combo 1 sat tuner and a swappable tuner £139. WOS

Both boxes above are twin tuners. just that when you buy the LX2 its as 1 sat tuner and 1 cable/terr/sat tuner.

[h=1]XPEED LX 2[/h][h=1][/h]
[h=2]Full HD Twin / Combo Receiver[/h][h=2]Linux OS[/h][h=2]VFD Display[/h][h=2]2x Conax CA[/h][h=2]1x Common Interface[/h]
icon-hbbt.jpg
icon-hd.jpg
icon-wlan.jpg
[h=2]
product-header-lx-2.jpg
[/h]
- Full HD Twin / Combo Receiver
- Linux operating system (E2)
- BCM7358 Single Core(700 mips)
- Flash 512 MB
- RAM 512 MB
- VFD Display
- 2x DVB-S2 Tuner oder Combo DVB-S2+T2-C HD (Stecktuner)
- 2x Conax7 Kartenleser
- 1x Common Interface
- RJ 45 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Interface
- HDMI 1.3 Ausgang
- Scart Ausgang
- 2x USB (Vorder,- Rückseite)
- PVR ready via USB

Last edited:
If he wants to be cheap he could go for zgemma 2s and an external hard drive should cost for both together about £120-130.

Nothing beats that price wise.

If he wants to be cheap he could go for zgemma 2s and an external hard drive should cost for both together about £120-130.

Nothing beats that price wise.
Does the zgemma need hacked firmware?

Do not understand what you mean by hacked firmware?
Does it run a standard version of vix or would a standard version brick it?

You can use OpenVix images provided by Airsat which is always up to date following new releases (images are on the zgemma or airsat site)

But if you mean do Vix team officially support this box no they do not (They are very choosey who they support)

I have said this numerous times to people before you do not need to keep updating images if you have one that works then leave (a fully working with everything setup for that box OpenVix was released by sucmnsee which will do perfectly for 99% off people)

I hope this helps

Last edited:
Back