Analogue cable line.

Cortina

Hi. Iv a live analog cable feed(Vm I think) which is still live, I get about 18 basic channels, I'm told they won't update the line to digital due to my house proximity.
My question is..
The old type Dreambox cable decoder worked some years back on this cable, giving about 100 channels, sports movies etc...but that ended in told due to Nagra 3 coding and the box not able to decode. Now it's a few years On, is there a box set up that will decode this analogue signal.
Cheers....
C.

Hi Cortina plug in the old dreambox and do a scan to see what it picks up as some areas even though were analogue could still pick up digital.

Give it a go as if it tunes in more than the 18 you're getting it could be that you're able to get the digital channels.

Hi Cortina plug in the old dreambox and do a scan to see what it picks up as some areas even though were analogue could still pick up digital.

Give it a go as if it tunes in more than the 18 you're getting it could be that you're able to get the digital channels.
Yes there are digital channels there...i get ALL the name tags on screen , but black screen, as the Dreambox 500c won't decode them, I'm told it's "nagra3 " .
Is there anyway since its release several years back ,to decode it.

yes there is buy a cable HD box and a line somewhere and that should be it if your getting digital signal.
Sorry , what i meant was, can the 500c box be used with a line in the same way as a Zgemma box. If so, how do I update it and put in a line . Id like to check the service on the cable before throwing money at it as it's an old analogue cable .
Thanks.

You can see if an image is available for your box vix or open atv as example, do a scan for the channels and get a 24hr test line. Then if all looks good you wont be wasting money [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, what and how do I install a new build on the box db500c ?. The image on it is 5/6 yrs old,
The tv shows all the channel picons when I scan the cable on digital but black screens , so I believe the channels are there.
I guess what t i need is an upto date tutorial on installing an image and line to a db500c. Can anyone Point me in that direction, I have had a look around, but only see pretty old posts about this partiular box. Thanks, C.

Back