Android email Notifications

Blackwidow

TK Veteran
OK, so after many moons with Apple I have myself a Android phone again and after spending time settings it up, upgrading to Marshmallow its great all bar 1 major issue. Email notifications, they just don't happen when the phone isn't been used.

Now I use gmail for my emails service and its bugging me why when my phone screen goes off I don't get notified if I get an email until I pick up my phone again, anyone got a fix/solution? Now I've looked on google and seen forum post after forum post about this, a bug with google but I can't seem to get a answer to the problem, lots of solutions that loads claim to work and loads claim don't work, forum posts saying google know of the issue and have released a fix but nothing.

Any ideas?

I did try bluemail but no joy, even made sure that it was expect from doze mode but no joy, I'll give aquamail a go arieiz so thank's for that suggestion.

I only went back to Android as I don't like the battery life since the upgrade to iOS 9, its shocking

I have no problems with notification on any Android phone I have owned. Have you the auto sync setting turned to on?
Outlook was a bit crap a couple of months ago, but a new update sorted it.
Also, it could be one of your power saving settings that knocks off Internet while phone is not in use.
I honestly think it's you, not it. There are settings that don't mean much initially, but when you think, they have scuppered you.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

yea I'm looking into it now, from what I can gather its the doze feature which when you tell it to ignore some apps it doesn't. I know google were aware of the issue and were supposed to be issuing a fix but nothing yet.

I think a factory reset is needed and a cashe wipe too.

Back