android tv boxes

Hi guys Bit of advice needed . Toying with the idea of getting a pre loaded xbmc android box. Reports range from the bees knees to a load of bollox, so simple question do these boxes work or do they not.

yes they work, mine has been fine.If XBMC is preloaded check to see if Fusion is installed if it's not then install it. There a lots of videos on Youtube explaining how to do this as well as on the xbmc site. If you have any problems let me know

aye , agree with other comments,

great for movies and shows etc, the live tv is ok but that's why theres CS for tv :)

You can pick up MX 2 on eBay for around 40 pounds mate, flashed with either gbox midnight software or mxlinux they run like a dream

@span123 just a quick tip if your box starts to stutter again every now and again clear the cache helps a lot;

Program>all add-ons>maintenance>general maintenance>clear cache

i do mine every week or so its running andriod aswell

Hi guys total novice here. I've just updated my box to an X finite android and can't work out how to change net configuration to allow to change/add server port name. Password.port etc can anyone help?

Big Burger, Yeah you can but if you just want US stuff I would recommend Spotflux, which is a free VPN app. I use it all the time to switch to US Netflix.

I have the MX 2 flashed with G-Box Midnight 1.2.2 (latest version). I've got quite a good setup running using a custom launcher with the on demmand apps installed, TV Catchup for limited Freeview and I'm using Hola to switch to US Netflix. Hola also has a "speed boost" feature which uses local servers to reduce latency issues. I've never had any issues with any of mine. My XBMC configuration is self built but I have installed Fusion and a couple of other repos that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I've decided to take the plunge after someone recommended that i purchase one, so i did.

I bought the MX Box Android 4.2 (Frodo 12.3) XMBC installed and rooted as well.

I'm sure i need to install the add-ons though, when i load up XMBC and go to Programs or Videos there isnt anything there, so how do i go about installing add-ons and which are the top 5 or 10 you need to install?

Install fusion there are videos on you tube explaining what to do

Link to the video pal? I've come across videos where at times they talk utter bollocks and it doesn't work.

UPDATE: Here is a video for anyone else that may need to install Fusion.

[video=youtube;AQy2Zu4kqZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQy2Zu4kqZA[/video]

I also have another question, are we able to plug in USB dongles to get a better WIFI signal? Not dragging an ethernet cable down one floor and across to the front of the house lol

Last edited:
Newer video on installing the updated Fusion Addon

[video=youtube;h5eIBVbWPK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5eIBVbWPK8&src_vid=EA6A-YwpaSI&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_1967568 63[/video]

Back