any hdd

s40

hi good people a quick question ive a 1 tb hdd with alsorts ov movies on it , i normally connect it to my bluray dvd to watch them ,can i attach the same hdd to zgemma and do the same

thank you very much for your time

Yes but you would need to initialise it to work with your zgemma, doing this means you would lose anything you have stored on it so would recommend moving everything you have on it to your PC/Mac.

I think it might play on your zgemma without needing initialisation, but not record. For what it's worth, I recently wiped all my downloaded movies off my 4Tb HDD to use it on my zgemma. I don't download much any more, ever since I realised Kodi has just about any film I could want.

No1gooner and systemlord many thanks mates can i input kodi on my zgemma
as always very much appriciated

cheers cactikid , i just want to use the hdd on zgemma just for quickness as ive a load v old movies i watch again and again and tv series ,as i say can i attach to zgemma to watch instead ov bluray dvd player
many thanks

yes think you can once its mounted then select location and file list should appear.
if hdd was attached to pc running nfs or samba one can stream to box and saves moving hdd around the place.

I agree with cactikid. I use a separate device for Kodi. As for playing your movies on your zgemma just give it a try. Connect it to the front port for ease and see if you can find it in File List. But remember DON'T initialise it or you'll wipe all those old movies you cherish. HTH.

Back