Any idea why cheap coax is better than WF100 please?

Spangles

Hi, I'm having a problem receiving a few channels, couple of Movie HD, BT Sport 2 HD and Eurosport 1 HD. I can recieve Eurosport 1 HD with a cheap 15m tv coax using an f plug adaptor but I thought buying Webro WF100 would make every channel clear because I put screw on f plug at one end and screw on coax at the XPEED tuner so there are no adaptor extensions. I seem to get a lot worse signal with the WF100, a few channels including Channel 4 HD as well as the ones mentioned above.

The WF100 cable is 10m so it's even shorter than the cheap tv coax (which even has a hole in it showing bare wire due to door rub). I tried a full reflash and rescan but that was even worse, the WF100 won't pick up 50% of channels on its own but it will get a lot more using the channels the cheap coax finds.

Any idea why I might not be getting success? The f plug and coax plugs are tightly screwed on and it's flatly laid out.

XPEED LX2 Combo Box with OpenVix latest and CCcam. Two way splitter at wall with internet.

Last edited:
It may be because your signal is too strong and overloading the tuner.

When you use the old cheap & nasty cable, it attenuates the signal more, so doesn't overload the tuner.

If you have any fixed attenuators or a variable attenuator, try using those with the WF100 cable.

Back