any thoughts on this please

dee

TK Veteran
hp 23 pavilion p6310uk desktop
amd athlon 11x 4 620 quad-core processor.
4 GB Ram, 1TB Hard drive
23 inch TFT Monitor
NVIDIA Geforce G 210 512 MB Graphics
super multi dvd burner
15-in-1 digital reader
windows 7.

IM THINKING OF BUYING THIS FOR £700
am i wasting my cash

Theres some real sweet specs there dee. I've been looking around trying to find a cheaper price than £700 but you have me beat. At Littlewoods and Woolworths (online) its up for £799.

£700 sounds a lot of dosh but it depends on what you want. I just bought an acer with 3gm ram and 500gb

but ive found this Dee - have you looked on kelkoo
Code:
http://www.additionsdirect.co.uk/23in-pavilion-p6310uk-desktop-pc/663122087.prd?aff=Kelkoo&affsrc=f_feed&cm_mmc=fp_Kelkoo-_-electricals_computing-_-na-_-PR7761G_HP_23in_Pavilion_P6310uk_Desktop_PC&prdToken=/p/prod1590960-sku2421247&browseToken=/q/pr7761g
and this but its without a monitor
Code:
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-7288.aspx
Code:
http://www.letshave-it.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1338

Last edited:
download on here for a albulm takes 60 mins on a good day, thought i`d go for a improvement lol:whistling:

suppose it depends on how much you wanna spend on a pc and IF you need a new monitor. When i bought my pc just before christmas i didnt bother with a monitor but pinched my sons 19" tv instead - its great coz i can also use this to watch dvds on to, OK so i had to buy him a larger tv lol! But these days if you buy separates you can have exactly what you want.
Although my pc is a 1TB i also have a 1TB external hard drive that i save everything onto as well, so suppose you could say ive got 2 TB's lol!
Make sure you shop around Dee and get ya moneys worth

Nice machine Dee, its running windows 7 64 bit. i know most developers these days are accomodating for 64bit OS's but there may be older programs out there you might use that will not work on a 64 bit system. just something else to think about, 64bit would not be much of a problem.

me and the pther are planning on going on a course or two so we can use all the capabilities of the computer.

I'll be expecting at least 50 quality posts per day once you get the first course finished dee :whistling:

-

All the Moderators have been alerted & are on standby :doh:

In fact, Hiteck has even made overtime available to deal with the expected onslaught of quality posts from you dee (y)

lol im hopping i havent missed the delivery as i had a doctors appointment at 1240, got back just before 1 pm

well lets hope it turns up today! so youll either be happy or stressed for a few days. But once you got windows 7 youll be off n running lol its much faster and what with all your gubbings on this new one well there'll be no stopping ya lol!

if ya need any help setting it up or got any q's i know a good website .........................mmmm think i remember the address lol ........................... its. www.techkings.org LOL LOL
a few people on there seem to know thier stuff :whistling: lol! take a look you might just like it LOL LOL

think iv come across that site better check my memory on the old pc. lol:whistling:

Back