Anyone else having KODI problems?

MisterB

TK Veteran
Hi, I have updated a friends S2 and he wants KODI to watch movies through - why? I don't know ! all I can do is try to get it up and running, yet all the movie channels seems to crash his box. its a completely new install with latest openatv 5.1 and kodi is version 3 - I suspect the newer kodi eats more processing power than the older version (which i personally never used for movies)

please don't respond telling me to try iptv etc, ive tried telling him that already

so, can anyone suggest how to sort kodi out please? ive followed the instructions on another post (downloaded files from his dropbox and installed them) but it doesn't seem to help me install AND run the movie channels he apparently used to watch without any problems !!

Anyone else having Kodi problems.... yeah everyone... its crap.

er... iptv player... don't respond with iptv etc... oops... still iptv player

last bit off advice. Hit him with a big cold fish right around his choppers.

I am really helpful when I want to be LOL

---------- Post Merged at 08:41 PM ----------

I think black1973 had a big thread last week about that. I think he managed to get lots of things working. He is the man to directly ask .

cheers mate, off to buy a big fish !

and put it in the fridge overnight, will be nice and cold by tomorrow !

Last edited:
thanks for the suggestion re IPTV :beg:

I am going to try kodi version 2 later and try to roll back to an earlier version - though I still have the (now cold AND wet) fish back up solution offered by Kiddac, which is, in truth, my preferred option

Why not just tell him to run KODI on a PC. It works better than any box you can run it on & there's no extra hardware to buy. Who doesn't have a PC these days? Also on a PC the PVR function in KODI is easy. On a box, tablet, phone etc it's really not. In other news, Genesis has been down for a few days. It's working OK for me at the moment but, the big news is that Genesis & Pheonix are merging soon & they have big plans for the near future.

ive tried telling him ! he is old school and a good friend and I don't think he likes fish either, but I am pretty certain which of the two he will end up with ....

Back