Anyone managed to fit a Zgemma into a Sky+ HD Box

I am thinking of doing this as a project over my christmas holidays, just waiting for my H2S to arrive. But has anyone managed to fit the Zgemma into a Sky+ HD box, so it looks just like a proppa box in your tv cabinet?
You would obviously empty the contents inside the original Sky box.

Are you going to wire up the sky indicators on the front panel too? That would be so cool.

Kiddac, this is the cherry on the top of the cake that is your skin.

I've actually got the guts of 2 sky boxes in a cupboard at home after I took the hdd's out of them to stick in a NAS server.

Might have a bash at this myself

is they any point in doing this just a lot of work for nothing why do you want it to look like a old sky box for

yea I was fed up with that piece of sh*t hd box anyway lol this would be my worst nightmare! it would just remind me of the £60 a month I have been wasting! but each to there own

That is all possible. Sounds like a great idea. Curious, do you run a pub? This would be ideal for landlords or public places.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That is all possible. Sounds like a great idea. Curious, do you run a pub? This would be ideal for landlords �� or public places.

not realy as sky football in the pubs has a beer glass in the corner of pic so if any one from sky came in the can see they have paid pub subs

That is all possible. Sounds like a great idea. Curious, do you run a pub? This would be ideal for landlords �� or public places.

not realy as sky football in the pubs has a beer glass in the corner of pic so if any one from sky came in the can see they have paid pub subs

I was going to ask Kiddac a while ago whether the beer glass used would be something that could be added via a skin, i bet it could be done!

This thread is crazy! Lol, if you don't like looking at your zgemma buy the vu solo 2 it looks sexy (better than a sky box) also the glass would have to be permanently there. Pointless. And why would you want it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a guy on another forum who's done something similar. Think he built a mini pc running open elec with a Sky skin and put it in a Sky+ box. Looks good if you've got the time.

I can just see it now on ebay fully working sly box all channels 300 notes reminds me off when they used to sell the the real ones with the card cut in half and tell people it last for ever.

I can just see it now on ebay fully working sly box all channels 300 notes reminds me off when they used to sell the the real ones with the card cut in half and tell people it last for ever.

Sounds like a plan has anyone got any slyboxes we'll make a killing lol the cheek of some people I've just seen another post with someone saying they paid £200 for a box and line only lasted 3 weeks

I was going to ask Kiddac a while ago whether the beer glass used would be something that could be added via a skin, i bet it could be done!

of course it can... the display screen has it's own screen name. You would just add a pint graphic as an overlay. (but the amount of beer in the glass changes everyday) ;)

Last edited:
Back