Anyway to test

djkross

This might have been asked but can't find. I once had VM but don't have it anymore. I was just wondering can I test the connection in my house b4 buying a box and line?
As I don't have a TiVo or anything along these lines, can I connect with a coax and test any other way (e.g. A multi meter or something like that?)
As if the line was working I can buy the vu+ cable usb tuner and use both sat and vm on my solo 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I'm led to believe, VM are no longer cut off, therefore I would say its pretty much a definite that your old feed into the house is still live. I know when cable first came on the seen they used flick the switch at the junction box. That in turn was costing too much money paying teams of guys going around switching people off only to go back a week later and switch back on.
Ive now personally moved to new properties which provided cable and both have been live when adding the likes of KV boxes, hope this helps

I brought this house 2years ago and havnt had vm installed decided to try feed with an old virgin box and was still live as said there pretty much left on in main box now (but can be ended) thats why its recommended to take out broadband i will be when current contract ends. Do you not no anyone with a virgin box for 5 mins haha if freeview comes on your good to go.

Back