Apologies for basic question

Seafit

I apologise if this is a very old question, but I am very new to the Zgemma world. I have watched lots of Youtube videos of how to set up channels etc. Some show people with S** Sp***s channels in SD and other show they have all in HD.
I would really appreciate it if I could get some advice on which Gift lines to go for to make sure I get HD?

Thank you

Aah, ok thank you for your answer. That is a shame, as we cannot get cable where I live.
Is there a technical reason you cant get HD on satellite, because my sly dish produces a full HD signal to the Sly HD box?

It's to do with new encryption on the hd boxes but it can't effect sd because there's so many old boxes. I have seen a post regarding italia hd been cracked if it's true then maybe UK will be done in new year but how true it is nobody knows

Your Sly HD box is paired to your Sly card, and HD encryption is also paired to said card (you'll notice sometimes your sports HD feed will show your card number top right to try and dissuade you from streaming). BT channels are an exception, so these are available on non-cable in HD.
Luckily, as dsayers has mentioned, the encryption pairing does not extend to SD channels so everyone can use the same encryption code from the same cards. Sly cannot also use the same method on cable (as this usually runs through Virgina (lol) box, so people are able to receive HD sports on cable.
Regards, TC.

Last edited:
Hd has gone for sat , can't see it coming back to be honest there are other ways of getting hd I have sky Italia in hd works perfectly on my mag
You have be on the ball if you want hd at the moment and the sat side is on a sticky wicket at the moment, as for cable how long are they going to pay for sd and hd and have all they duplicate channels it cost them a lot of money to do so ,only time will tell.

sd has now gone from sky Italia sky Italia no more so will not be long for uk

Sd has been down before and came back , it could just be the raids no one at the moment knows much , but let's say I would not be investing in a high end sat box at the moment :eyes:

So you would recommend not getting the Zgemma box I am planning on? I dont get cable where I live so was going for the S2. Are you saying that soon you will only be able to get free to air channels?

No body knows what's going to happen it could be fine and cs last year's or it all could go of tomorrow but for the price of the zgemma and line it's worth it you can still use the box as a freesat box I think there advice was not to go out of your way to get a top of the range box £300 plus

Another basic question please - I am waiting for a new socket to be fitted to allow me to use a LAN cable. In the meantime, will I still be able to set up my Zgemma box with just the satellite link?

Another basic question please - I am waiting for a new socket to be fitted to allow me to use a LAN cable. In the meantime, will I still be able to set up my Zgemma box with just the satellite link?

Yes but you'll only get FTA channels. (unless you're connected via wifi?)

Back