audio description - what's the correct settings?

chenks

TK Veteran
what's the correct box audio settings to stop the audio description being automatically selected on some channels - specifically at the moment ITV4 HD ?

wooshbuild and i've not changed the audio settings from the defaults.
currently they are

1-0-19-C86-20-F020-FFFF0000-0-0-0-20190116215828.jpg

1-0-19-C86-20-F020-FFFF0000-0-0-0-20190116215816.jpg

if i press yellow and manually change it to track 1 then the audio description stops, but if change channel and go back to ITV4HD it's set back to track 2 again.

have you updated provider files in AutobouquetsMaker ?
What version of Autobouquets Maker is installed?

In my auto language settings, using grogbuild, all 4 of my audio language selects are set to none, prefer ac3 track is no, prefer audio track stored by service is set to yes.

I just checked itv4 and my downmix settings are same as yours but I have stream 1 selected and am not getting audio description

Yes with stream 1 selected there is no AD, but it keeps defaulting to stream 2.

And ABM is fully up to date.

This has nothing to do with ABM. It is the way the drivers detect the audio stream. This is why two boxes with the same image and settings will react differently.

Try following:
Select the stream that works for you and also enable the store by service option.

Might have thought the second option which was chosen was the audio description one and no mention of that on post 1
Sometimes one forgets to save a changed setting to work.

have you updated provider files in AutobouquetsMaker ?
What version of Autobouquets Maker is installed?

In my auto language settings, using grogbuild, all 4 of my audio language selects are set to none, prefer ac3 track is no, prefer audio track stored by service is set to yes.

I just checked itv4 and my downmix settings are same as yours but I have stream 1 selected and am not getting audio description
cheers grog68 just changed my auto language settings to the same as what you posted and its fixed the audio problem on itv2hd and itv4hd thanks alot

audio description.jpg
My openvix shows which is nar,hence why i mentioned it does not show in your image or its skin related.

Back