Auto bouquet maker no bouquets

sbyrn4

Hi all. I've done a fresh install from scratch following info from various posts on here. I've installed openatv 5.1, cross epg, cache flush and transferred my line details over. All working great and really fast. The only issue I'm having is after installing auto bouquet maker, I do a service scan and then save the bouquets by pressing green. But if I press info I'm not getting any bouquet options. Any ideas? It's probably something really simple but I'm stumped lol

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any chance you can take a screen shot it is not clear what your problem is. You don't need to press green button?

Menu... setup... service searching searching...autobouquets maker... start scan. You then get your bouquets by press TV on your remote.

You can take a screen shot via your computer, type your boxes ip address into the address bar i.e 192.168.1.105 this will open openwebif. Then click grab a screenshot. right click it and save it, then post on here.

On vix you have to change in graphical epg setting.....show bouquets on launch to yes and save, not sure on ATV but it is a cross epg setting so maybe not image dependent?

your settings are probably set to simple, ABM / configure / setup mode expert.

also if using cross epg make check cross epg / opentv providers / make sure your sat freq (28.2 UK) is ticked.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the replies. In all honesty I'm not sure where I went wrong first time round but after double checking the steps mentioned above, it's working a treat now.

Slightly different question now, does anyone know of/have a mini USB flash drive that is small enough that the panel can be closed on the front of the receiver when it's inserted? My 2 year old daughter thinks it's great fun to keep pulling it out :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Maybe a hub could be the answer. I considered getting a mini flash drive and taking it out of its housing and hoping it might fit, not fussed if it gets stuck because it's going to live there indefinitely.

Cheap ones from China are less than £3 so it's worth a punt.

I'll post back if If it works out or not. :)

Thanks for that mtpockets, is there much difference between the two?

Yes on ATV xmltvimporter works! No joking aside it's actually the only way I found to get a properly populated epg in ATV.... I'm fairly sure both take the epg data from the same sources. ATV say crossepg is badly written and that's why there's problems with it but I'm no coder so don't know if that's true....

Fair comment, I'll take your advice and install it in the morning. I have some friends looking at buying the same box as me so my goal is to give them a backup of my setup as is, pretty much bare bones with no frills although kiddac's blue HD 2 work in progress will almost certainly be included when it's complete. My friends aren't very tech savy so if I know my backup inside out I should hopefully be able to help them out. Gotta say, what a cracking forum this is, very happy with it indeed!

Yep not a bad bunch on the whole - active members helping each other out as much as possible...we're all still learning so happy to share what we know. If you have the time I'm sure it would be appreciated if you uploaded your backup here too....:)

I'd be more than happy to upload my backup. I'll install xmltvimporter and I'll Road test my box for a few days, just to see if I encounter any problems or if my family can break it while I'm working. If all is good I'll upload by the weekend :)

Just a quick thing with xmltvimport, when I manually scan it takes 6-7 minutes to populate but I have all channel info. Next morning however, lots of epg info missing even though I have it set to import every day at 06:00.

Ideas anyone?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can some one help a friend of as asked me if I could set up his zgemma star 2 s for him have done openbox before so thought no problem! Have put in all cables and what not in back put in firmware of open ATV 5.1 done a scan of sat 28.2 that's when it's stops every one say then auto bouquet maker I don't have it anywhere can some help?As you notice this could take some time so I will say sorry in advance.

Can some one help a friend of as asked me if I could set up his zgemma star 2 s for him have done openbox before so thought no problem! Have put in all cables and what not in back put in firmware of open ATV 5.1 done a scan of sat 28.2 that's when it's stops every one say then auto bouquet maker I don't have it anywhere can some help?As you notice this could take some time so I will say sorry in advance.

Sounds like your setting up from scratch rather than using one of the great pre-setup backup images on here.

In that case all the info you need is in my guide

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/76732-guinea-pigs-needed.html

Back