auto update

s40

hello good people can anyone advise,my 2s box has stopped upating channels and epg, the time on the front ov the box is stuck on 5 30am when it should auto update and the screen is locked to VIX spinning in top corner and loading data on the bottom ov the screen, iv tried manually updating but the same thing happens, i have to reboot box to change channels

many thanks for your time

Sounds like time to reflash. What version of Vix is it?

I can recommend Wooshman's OATV 5.1 build with online update. Really simple to do. Takes about 40 mins start to end from scratch.

hi mate thanks for your reply how will i find what version vix is plus can you direct me in the right direction regarding a reflash

many thanks for your time

yes mate ive just learnt how to install my line via filezilla ,it is an nline ,ps mate what size usb sticks will i need for the reflash
many thanks

I use a 2gb kingston or 8gb Toshiba just for flashing never had any probs.... Anyway connect filezilla to your box the on the right hand side go to usr/keys there you should see newcamd.list and mg_cfg file click on them one at a time it should say transfer move them both to your laptop. Thats it your line is now safe.

Left hand side is laptop should see your files eg, downloads desktop etc just save line to downloads or something till reflashed then transfer from downloads or werevere you save them back to usr/keys.

** if your going to use wooshbuild you wont need filezilla to move line back as he has cam importer so you just move the newcamd.list list to a usb and the box does it for you nice and easy.

many thanks for your time in this dillyp70 its good to know people are out there to give you a hand ,ill give it a whirl tomorrow mate ,with not being at work ,extra day off

cheers mate

Your welcome mate your in the right place plenty of helpfull people. If you get stuck write back on this thread am of 2moz myself so will help you out. Tbh if you follow the instructions for either woosh or sucmnsee cant really go wrong you no how to get your line across thats half the battle lol

im not the best at following instructions ,theres always a first ,once again many thanks mate ill let you know how i get on

dillyp70 hi mate ive got files on usb ,does it have to be emty as ive other gear on it ,also in the wooshbuild setup it says

5. Turn on the Box and wait for the letters FLSH to appear on the front screen. It will then change to boot after a minute or two. Once booted, press and hold the standby button and select "Deep Standby". Once the box is in standby, remove the Flash USB stick from the rear of box and keep in a safe place

is the standby via box or remote and will i see deep standby

many thanks

The deep standby is by holding the power button on the remote then selecting deep standby. I do think usually do it like this. I just wait until the flash and the boot is complete then I pull the USB out, then restart the box. Just make sure you remove the USB or the box will re-flash again (I've done this before and it's annoying lol)

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

thanks mate ,once ive pressed the remote for deep standby how do i select deep standby or will it auto do it

many thanks

Back