Backing up the skyNEW skin before flashing

YonyY

I'm trying to flash a newer image and backup and restore the skyNEW skin.

I go to Advanced Options and make sure the skyNEW folder is added to the backup.

When the new image boots up though a large part of the skin is missing. It's functioning, but a lot of the graphics are absent.

Do I need to back something else up?

I'm trying to flash a newer image and backup and restore the skyNEW skin.

I go to Advanced Options and make sure the skyNEW folder is added to the backup.

When the new image boots up though a large part of the skin is missing. It's functioning, but a lot of the graphics are absent.

Do I need to back something else up?
Why not try backing up the entire skyNEW using the FTP program

It's located at usr/share/enigma2/'copy entire skin folder you need'

Then flash new image, remove the old skin if its on the new backup.

Restart gui

Copy over entire backed up skin same location it was located at

Restart gui and that should fix hopefully.

I'm backing up the folder up and it seems to be restoring it. Part of the skin is missing, though.
The question is: is there another folder that contains the missing graphics? Is it something to do with there being two distinct versions of the skin (the ones that can be swapped via the plugin)?

I'm backing up the folder up and it seems to be restoring it. Part of the skin is missing, though.
The question is: is there another folder that contains the missing graphics? Is it something to do with there being two distinct versions of the skin (the ones that can be swapped via the plugin)?
It could be there is two versions, make sure you uninstall the old one and if that doesn't fix it then you'd be best installing the skin from scratch.

Back