backing up

pigeon87

Right guys, thinking of re flashing my box with an updated image. Just wondering what file do i need to backup or files? This is going to be the first time ive done this, ive set my own box up and two friends but this re flashing is bothering me a little. Anyone with steps on how to do this would be much appreciated! Also will i need to write down my sub no. Password and port details to input agai or will all that info be on the file when its backed up? Sorry for the long winded message guys

It's pretty straightforward. I use Vix and do it this way.

menu / setup / vix / image manager / green for new backup. Takes about 20 mins and stores a zip file on your usb/hdd. When its finished ftp to your box, go in hdd / image backups and ftp the zip file to your desktop. Now open a new folder call it aaa and extract that zip file to aaa and leave it open for now. Now open a new folder and call it bbb. Get the files you first flashed your box with and COPY the zgemma folder and Paste it into bbb then open that (bbb /) zgemma / sh1, you should have 5 files. Drag and drop the contents of aaa onto those 5 files in bbb and OVERWRITE when asked.

Now rename bbb folder to whatever you want as the files inside will flash any box to be exactly the same as yours, it also stores your line details in the settings. However always back your gift up anyway. You can know delete the zip file and aaa folder.

I want to use a updated image though, not use my image to put on other peoples boxes? Thats what ive understood your instructions to do?

Last edited:
Back