Backup/Restore settings for Wooshbuild

Martin346

Alright lads
Having a few issues when trying to do a 1:1 copy of my box, using latest Wooshbuild, onto a new box
I've done a full backup (also tried doing settings separately) but when I've restored, certain things don't restore, including any changes in the extras.xml just go back to default and it doesn't restore the latest software updates, this is all I've noticed so far. I've now gone into the software management-> show default backup files, and noticed extras.xml isn't included with backups. I've now added this to the 'additional backup files' list.
I was wondering
a) Is this the right way to go about it and will it stay on these settings from now on, after future restores?
b) Could I just add every main folder ( /etc /share /usr etc.) to additional for a 1:1 or will this play up?
c) If b is not possible, which other files do I need to include?

Cheers!

Yes you can add what you like. If you add a main folder it should backup all the contents of it.
I did a little experiment and backed up everything I had changed to a settings backup, then flashed a clean image and restored.
Everything spot on, clean install in 8 minutes and just had to delete a few plugins like emc, dvd player etc.

Cheers Willo
I've seen somewhere before not to restore plugins, am I right in thinking it's as simple as this:
in 'select additional backup files' tick all the main folders in the first section (usr, tmp etc.)
in 'select excluded backup files' tick /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins

Nice one, will make things alot easier..!

It depends what the backup is for.... if you just want to backup everything to store on your pc in case of disaster that's fine to backup all the main folders.
If you intend to flash a clean build and then restore your settings, just backup the things you're going to need.
I backup all the files I've changed in the Slyk1-HD skin, all the python pyo's I've buggered about with, autotimers, automounts, hostname, keys folder, fstab, passwd, any personal bootlogos etc.

Edit:.. Oh, and IPTV player and all of the associated files that it asks for if you reinstall!

Last edited:
Back