Backup vu dou2

Paulie57

Guys have vu dou2 box now a few weeks with vix and kiddacs skin plus sat line , I just wondering do ii need to make a back up and if so , could someone give me step guide to doing so , have internal hdd and usb plugged in , haven't an idea which one im to backup to , or how thanks in advance guys
Cheers...........

Cheers cactikid , does that just backup vix image , just that I read somewhere on one of the thread s in the forum that it's a good idea to do a backup , so I'm not sure what I'm meant to be backing up or to were for safety sake , thanks bud for the quick reply ...........

Cheers cactikid , does that just backup vix image , just that I read somewhere on one of the thread s in the forum that it's a good idea to do a backup , so I'm not sure what I'm meant to be backing up or to were for safety sake , thanks bud for the quick reply ...........
Love to no my self it took me weeks and weeks to get my box running as it should do due to bad mg_cam software ,, I my self have backed up on vix but I think its just the vix film ware NOT mg , soft cam and lines Ext ext ,, like you mate we have got thing running as we like and would like to just save it all in one place am I right or wrong

Jibbbbbb did not get a chance to have a go at cactikids post above to check out image manager , will do asap and get back
Cheers

Cactikid , jibbbbb did backup as you say , settings ,vix , image manager , gives options what to backup so I backedup both image and fimware , does not give option for backup location , so I take it, its backedup to internal hdd . Would that be the case ?
Cheers..........

no lol might be somewhere else,what about boxes with no hdd?cant remember what the answer was i got told.

I thought it might give option to back up to usb , so if box ever failed It could be reset using usb backup from usb , cheers
Cactikid ..........

not much point in having on usb either as that can be removed,memory in box or ram,wait till someone else can say for certain.think the whole idea is if you backup your image and you use say blackhole image and you dont like it,one can revert back to your saved image to reflash box itself and be back working like you never tried the other image.

Cheers cactikid get your drift now on back up image , if trying new image , I can revert back got it mate , happy with what I have
Cheers .........

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

mgcanb

guys some one might be able to help , have vu dou2 , vix , with line , once or twice a week when i startup and pick a channel getting black screen , i then have to go into softcam manager , and even do the mg 1.38 is ticked i still have to press yellow on remote to restart and picture comes on , what im asking is their a way to set this to auto or is this par for course , as i say only happens now and then , thanks in advance guys ,,,,,
cheers ........

guys some one might be able to help , have vu dou2 , vix , with line , once or twice a week when i startup and pick a channel getting black screen , i then have to go into softcam manager , and even do the mg 1.38 is ticked i still have to press yellow on remote to restart and picture comes on , what im asking is their a way to set this to auto or is this par for course , as i say only happens now and then , thanks in advance guys ,,,,,
cheers ........
hi Paulie , I had the same problem but I was getting a lot of freezing as well even after restarting cam , I'm guessing your using mgcam 1.38 , if so I ended up installing a different cam if you have a read of my earlier post you will see what mgcam I used and since then all has been great. , just checked old posts all your need to no is under start over it worked for me

Last edited:
As I say jibbbbb this only happened one or two times in the last week , but I don't have any freezing issue , by the way have been doing a bit of work on kodi direct for the last week and I followed blackies guide and have 4 addons working great for movies/box sets , I got pheonix, sportsdevil, vidics,robocop installed excellent quality movies so a big thanks to blackie
Cheers ......

sorry but do you mean you got kodi running on the vu box ,, I'm excited now miss my old mxq box for films and adult films lol

As I say jibbbbb when I tried it first with the addons within kodi , could get nothing to run properly , so i deleted all of them I read blackies post and he explains how he got the addons to work by putting in the addons himself by ftp , I followed his guide and did the same and 4 out of 6 to run , I watched two films yesterday one in pheonix /rockcrusher and one in vidics and both were great no buffering , check out the link below , gives you the addons/repos and a tut to install , first you install kodi direct from your plugins ,
Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbzm0qbktoxnlyx/KodiDirect Addons.zip?dl=0

will give it a go please tell me it wont effect my box in any bad way because I got it running well now ,, and have you a link to blackies guide cheers mate

ok gone and done it only downloaded it from plugins , all working amazing all the lastest films working great you can download the films strait to hard drive as well this box gets better and better cheers mate

its the quality that counts,nice to see you got kodi working .now go back to your 780 lol
now I got Kodi
working I am more than happy is there any think this box can't do revenant down loaded strait to hard drive and the picture is amazing as for a780 box I going to set up in bedroom just need to split cable again to get a line up stairs all ready got cable wire thanks to my mate just need to order a long Ethernet cable and I will see how it runs got to goggle 3 way splitters now

Jibbbbbb happy viewing , cactikid do have a small niggling problem nothing major , as I posted once or twice a week , when I go in to pick a channel I get blank screen , I then have to go into softcam manager, even do the 1.38 is ticked , I have to press yellow on remote to restart and picture comes on , as I say only happens now and then , I wondering do I need to set it to auto , and if so how do I do that or is this par for course , thanks again for all the and patience
Cheers. ....

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

Back