Backup with OpenVix

Largo

Hello quick question see if anyone can answer for me? I reguarly do an image back up using vix-image backup. i was wondering if i ever needed to reflash my box could i use this back up or would i be only able to use this back up if i can actually get to the vix menu on my box? thanks

The backups are stored on the HDD in the imagebackups folder.
Just extract the zip file to your desktop and this will give you a zgemma folder that you can copy to usb for flashing.
You can then copy a force/noforce file to the sub folder where the files are.
Create a new one in notepad and save as 'all files' with no .txt extension or just copy one from a stock flash file.

Thanks I think I've got all that. How do I create a force/noforce file what do I put in notepad. Thanks.

Sorry, I'd got it into my head that image manager doesn't create a noforce file but it does.
As biff says, just rename it to force or press the front power button when flashing.

Cheers guys really appreciate the help. I'll get on it tonight haven't needed to do one but worth having one as back up suppose.

Hi guys I've just opened the h3 file and only got in there image version, kernel and rootfs, is it in one of these or do I need to add the force/no force?

Back