Bad Drivers

neilc78

OK - I am going to give one rant every week as I have health problems and my shrink says its good for me!

In Ireland we have the river Shannon. It splits the country West and East. If you live East you will be able to operate any normal vehicle without too much difficulty. If you live West, due to Atlantic sea air, the fact its always raining and a diet of rocks, you will be totally unable to drive your vehicle appropriately and to the satisfaction of other more enlightened East side drivers. In fact you will drive everyone mental due to the following common flaws.

- Roundabouts. This will cause the west of Ireland driver serious issues. The rules might say yield to the right but in the Westerners head there are only two options. a) Close your eyes, put the boot down and drive through the roundabout and hope everyone else avoids you or b) Stop at the roundabout and wait until there is no traffic for at least a mile in any direction.
- Fields. The West of Ireland driver is incapable of driving at a reasonable speed through the countryside as they must have a look into every field they pass to see what is going on. This can also cause them to swerve onto the wrong side of the road.
- Parking. There is no rule in the west of Ireland around parking other than put your car anywhere and stick on hazard lights. Hazard lights = I am parking here and I don't give a **** if it is in front of your garage or in the middle of the road, I've got my hazards on so feck off.
- Indicators. Don't expect the west of ireland driver to use these stupid things. Just be aware that a indicator light flashing on the back of the car more likely means they were accidentally turned on 3 hours ago rather than the driver is turning left or right.

Rant over

speaking of driving on the wrong side of the road,dont you all do that over there....snicker

Back