being traced

wuforn

Hi All,

Just a quick question, is there any way that sky could trace you using a line to view sky meterial if you have sky broadband? or the same as with virgin media customers with virgin broadband?

I think all Internet providers can see what and where your accessing but its whether their bothered about it.

Run Vpn then they can't without a court order then the vpn has to be based in a country that will conform with court order, and some don't, Panama etc

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, I suppose only sky and virgin would be interested in tracing anyone, have they shown any interest in trying to stop the end users or are they only interested in shutting down the suppliers?

I stopped using VPN when Netflix started blocking them, might be worth signing up again.

They only Interested in the big boys who run the servers. Your an end user, there not interested in you pal. -)

There is no money in stopping you, it's like the kodi box situation, suppliers are being charged not receivers. The first isp that cracks down on users will lose customers

The question you should be asking yourself is, just what is it they could trace?
Your box receives a tiny packet of data once every 8 seconds that decrypts the channel your watching.
It comes from your line provider - of which there are probably hundreds of in the UK and Europe, all with their own unique and different IP address.
So, if you think your ISP is going to specifically look at every single one of their millions of subscribers data packets on the off chance a thousandth of 1 percent of them are receiving data packets every 8 seconds......

Pub and clubs are trying to profit from showing this stuff, home user aren't

They sure are as official subscriptions are not cheap for pubs.

Sky disgracefully charge the pubs depending on POTENTIAL income, giving them bandings, and the average is a THOUSAND quid a month.
BT arent much better - the average they charge is £400 a month.
So, the pub needs £350 a week extra thru the tills a week to make it worth its while.
No wonder a lot of the big chain pubs have stopped showing the footy - their banding must be costing them thousands a month.

Sky disgracefully charge the pubs depending on POTENTIAL income, giving them bandings, and the average is a THOUSAND quid a month.
BT arent much better - the average they charge is £400 a month.
So, the pub needs £350 a week extra thru the tills a week to make it worth its while.
No wonder a lot of the big chain pubs have stopped showing the footy - their banding must be costing them thousands a month.
Yeap, a local pub near me is paying £1200 a month, I didn't believe them lol

It's almost like Slky think they are all there is!

My image of Slky is like a old massive dinosaur trying to turn around to see what's coming next but being too slow, they are too big to change and will eventually fall from grace

i seen a thread somewhere on here which i cant find now, about renaming the box so it shows up differently on sky hub, im unsure how this is done and if it makes any difference but if anyone can enlighten me on this id appreciate it

Thanks

Last edited:
i seen a thread somewhere on here which i cant find now, about renaming the box so it shows up differently on sky hub, im unsure how this is done and if it makes any difference but if anyone can enlighten me on this id appreciate it

Thanks
Have a look at my guide in my signature strip, it's towards the end ;-)

Back