Best add on for amazon fire stick??

Hi guys!!

Bit new to all this!!

I've manged to add kodi and the blackbox addons to my fire stick!! It seems pretty decent at 1st but does lag on certain things!!

But i am currently running it with basic broadband ive got fibre coming end of month!

Was just wondering if people had found better addons and is it worth me waiting for fibre to see if that makes a difference to what im currently running??

Thanks for reading
Regards

Rhodri

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I have tried TVaddons, Spinz & vlackboxostv and of the three blackboxostv is most suitable for me and offers good support. Not necessarily down to broadband speed but you really want >3mbps if you're viewing HD content. Having said that remeber you're accessing links provided by 'unknown' sources and you will be sharing that with many other users. I updated a friends fire stick to an android box (sumvision X4) via with ethernet port (and hompelugs) because was getting a poor wifi signal. That improved things a lot but again it's all down to streams being accessed. For 3pm Kick offs you can't go wrong with NJM-Soccer ;)

Thanks for you reply mate!! I was just wondering about the broadband issue as Genesis movies doesn't always work? Im getting min 6mbps on my current broadband!!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

You will be fine with that - I'm only on about 4mbps and it streams fine... at times. If Genesis proves to be cumbersome try Phoenix or other sources. As mentioned above you're accessing links that many others worlwide-over are accessing. The buffering/quality/stuttering are the drawbacks of our 'gains', if that makes sense.
Remember connection is also important. As a rule of thumb below is the best method to connect devices for optimum speed:
1. hard-wired ethernet from router to -Ethernet device (i.e. sat box, streamer, pc etc.)
2. homeplugs-to-router homeplug-to-ethernet device (i.e. sat box, streamer, pc etc.)
3. wi-fi (wireless)

Back