Best box for IPTV & Sat line

keyring88

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster here!
I'm looking for recommendations, I have a budget of about £150 to buy a new box, I want it to be able to have sat line (not bothered about cable, unless it's better?) but I also want to be able to install IPTV on it, or Kodi.
What box would you recommend, for quality, ease of installation etc.

Thanks in advance

A bit more than your budget but i'd recommend an Edision OS Mega.

Fast, with 3 tuners, 2 x sat & 1 sat/cable/terrestrial, great for IPTV and loaded (via plugins) with Kodi 17.

Very pleased with mine.

Eddison of mega.
Don't get a zgemma for iptv and kodi.

Worth going over budget abit to get what you want.

Bit over your budget, but mut@nt hd51 would be a great option, all the tuners you want and fast , but if on a budget you should go zegemna
but I woukd go cable, as sat will let's just say is on a sticky wicket ,

OK that's great, thanks. Yes I just have the basic VM 'free'.
In terms of tuners, I will probably just go with a cable one. I'm not sure I need two tuners as we don't often record TV, is there much difference with the Edison £99 one? (Not sure what exact model number is).
I could push my budget to £180 or something, are the VU+ any good or are they just expensive versions of something else?
I'd quite like to put OpenVix on, is this easy?

Single tuner miraclebox is £90 if your not bothered about recording, cracking little box for the price

Expect to pay around £70-80 per year for a cable subscription

Vu boxes are both, good and expensive lol

Single tuner miraclebox is £90 if your not bothered about recording, cracking little box for the price

Expect to pay around £70-80 per year for a cable subscription

Vu boxes are both, good and expensive lol

Are these compatible with IPTV/Kodi etc. I'd like to be able to run a cable and iptv.

Again, apologies for my noobness, just trying to learn some stuff :fartlight:

Most enigma 2 boxes are a bit crap at running Kodi
You would be best buying a firestick or cheap Mxq box and running
them separately

Most enigma 2 boxes are a bit crap at running Kodi
You would be best buying a firestick or cheap Mxq box and running
them separately
I have a firestick, but no remote and I can't connect by the app as I changed my router (lol!)
At the minute I'm just running a long HDMI cable from my PC for Kodi.
OK, I could run them separately, tbh I don't know how often I'd use the IPTV - usually weekends I guess.

Most E2 boxes have TS Media rather than Kodi, lots of posts say it's
not worth using.

That's why people tend to run them separately.

The post above says the new Edision is running Kodi though (y)

Last edited:
As mentioned, if you want a box to do all, the OS Mega will. On that it has Kodi 17 which runs just as well as the version on my Nvidia Shield, playing Movies etc. on Exodus.
However it has 2 sat tuners as well as the cable tuner, which sounds like you may not need all that.

Your other option would be a cheaper single (or double) cable feed box, and something like a T8 mini to handle Kodi & IPTV, both for around £150.

Back