Best box to buy for 3d and hd channels

StevoAmigo1

Hi there just after some much needed info i currently own a kryptview a780 box and all of the virmin channels have become unwatchable lately, so i was looking at a switch, either to a sly sat box or both such as the combo, i've been told on here by a guy to go for the Xspeed as they are good, but says there are no hd channels available atm, reason being i was soon going to by a new 3d 4k tv and wanted a box to work alongside it that feature 3d and hd channels, so im able to get the best out the tv, also a box that i can get patched firmware to work on. Any more opinions would be much appreciated thanks

Steve

Im new to this, so some of what I say may be wrong, but I have the sly TV on a zgemma s2 and all HD channels apart from the FTA and BTsports arent available dues to different encryption between the HD and sd channels, althought I do get sky 3d, hope this helps some what :)

Im new to this, so some of what I say may be wrong, but I have the sly TV on a zgemma s2 and all HD channels apart from the FTA and BTsports arent available dues to different encryption between the HD and sd channels, althought I do get sky 3d, hope this helps some what :)

Code:
 cheers mate sounds like this is the box for me then :-) do you ever get much interference? Also can you recommend a good guide on setting up with flashing firmware etc. and a good card sharing c-line to use? As im totally new myself lol 

Cheers steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate sounds like the box to go for me then :-) do you ever get any interference with it? Also can you recommend a guide on flashing firmware etc, also recommend a good cardsharing server c-line, sorry just new to all this after being using kryptview for so long lol

Cheers mate sounds like the box to go for me then :-) do you ever get any interference with it? Also can you recommend a guide on flashing firmware etc, also recommend a good cardsharing server c-line, sorry just new to all this after being using kryptview for so long lol

Im brand new to this my self, only have a week of using iit but i pick up this sort of thing really quick...

I pay a expensive for my line but i never get any glitch freeze etc and his email response is second to none, I could hook you up there no problem :) And im just about to install a new image http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...lo-153-zgemmastar-sucmnsee-backup-set-up.html theres a guide on how to install on the download page that the download link takes you too :)

Im well happy with my zgemma s2 great little box and for sure would recommend it ;)

Im brand new to this my self, only have a week of using iit but i pick up this sort of thing really quick...

I pay a expensive for my line but i never get any glitch freeze etc and his email response is second to none, I could hook you up there no problem :) And im just about to install a new image http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...lo-153-zgemmastar-sucmnsee-backup-set-up.html theres a guide on how to install on the download page that the download link takes you too :)

Im well happy with my zgemma s2 great little box and for sure would recommend it ;)

Cheers mate what server is it? Also i just seen a zgemma s2 for sale on ebay for £72 but i noticed it as a linux based operating system, do you think i could stil flash the box properly using windows 7?

Cheers

Hi,

I think you are getting your wires crossed a bit.

Just to clarify, HD on any sat box has basically gone. Some FTA channels are left like BBC1 HD, ITV HD etc.

HD works on the cable side. So if you want HD sport and movies etc , you will need to go down this route.

So if you want HD and 3-D you will need a "combo" to watch HD through a cable server
and 3-D from your sat server.

Make sure it has a DVB-S2 (sat tuner) plus DVB-C (cable tuner)

Some Zgemma boxes are twin sat tuners, so no HD channels.

Zgemma boxes are not officially supported by VIX so if you go for one of these
make sure you use clone safe images (y)

Personally, I would pay the extra for a genuine box but lots of members are using these
as a cheaper alternative.

Last edited:
Hi,

Just to clarify, HD on any sat box has basically gone. Some FTA channels are left like BBC1 HD, ITV HD etc.

HD works on the cable side. So if you want HD sport and movies etc , you will need to go down this route.

So if you want HD and 3-D you will need a "combo" to watch HD through a cable server

Personally, I would pay the extra for a genuine box but lots of members are using these

Okay cheers bees for clarifying this, so you trying to say I need to pay for two subscriptions 1 for the hd channels via a cable server and a sly one for the 3d channels, think I'm going to go with the xspeed combo as it supports sly sat and cable, sorry to be a total noob as well but I have been thinking if I was to buy a 4k tv wouldn't all the channels be in hd anyways or does it only apply to the hd channels hope this makes sense

Cheers again steve

...I have the sly TV on a zgemma s2 and all HD channels apart from the FTA and BTsports arent available dues to different encryption between the HD and sd channels, althought I do get sky 3d...

...So if you want HD and 3-D you will need a "combo" to watch HD through a cable server
and 3-D from your sat server...

The Sky3D channel went the same way as the other HD channels last year. Is it clearing again now?

The Sky3D channel went the same way as the other HD channels last year. Is it clearing again now?

Like I say mate Im a newbie so you would know better than me, I thought 3d was still available :)

Hi,

What twin tuner genuine box would you recommend? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Bees , would it be fair to say that IPTV/ streams would be another alternative as well as cable for HD channels ? Especially sport .

Yeah probably, but I stopped reading when I looked at the price of the servers lol

Have you seen how much they are charging !!

Last edited:
Where is the justification for this ? A lot of the sellers want more than murdochs mob ? Compared to sat its crazy , is it to do with the cost of the gear the resellers need to stream out ?
I can only find one site that has iptv servers offering subs , and the two biggest sellers appear to both use the same product looking at their pakages , lets just say the plug in begins with R. Personally i wanted a full sports package on NTV with plex but cannot find a seller , but back to HD looking at the sports package from the big two they are nearly all HD channels . 18 smacks per month is pushing it but i could do that , £35 for the lot is way too much , everything else i can watch on slybox.

Yeah they are similar to the prices I have seen, don't know why they are so expensive
but the price put me off.

Can anyone recommend an alternative box to the SkyBox F5, which I currently have?

After something I can record and watch another channel on?

Yeah they are similar to the prices I have seen, don't know why they are so expensive

Hi again mate i just recently popped into a currys store tonight and asked about the new 3d 4k tv's, the quality of the picture on the 4k is excellent, i did ask if it was a 4k picture on all the channels but he said only netflix offer shows in 4k, so the question i was going to ask is can we get netflix on the xspeed boxes hooked upto a card sharing cable server of some desciption?

Cheers

No, not as part of a cable package but some people sell cheap netflix passwords :whistling:

The complexity of the service, and the ridiculously high cost of the equipment and bandwidth is why they charge so much. Each 'HD' channels uses 5mbps and when you have thousands of customer streaming at the same time the bandwidth cost is unreal. I have a good supplier but they are expensive. The service is good though and although the HD picture isnt quite HD it is good quality

Back